Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathlk09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Greeny/dark shade hair to ash brown?
    Hi I'm kat. I was a bit of an idiot a couple of months ago and thought it'd be a fabulous idea to dye my hair green, after about 2 weeks of this I got a bit bored and disided I wanted a normal hair colour again, after bleeching my hair serveral times and then dyeing it various shades of brown my hair is now a mess of dark brown/ blacky green undertones. I really have cocked up a bit. My original plan was just to let it grow out and start again, cut my hair short and then not have to dye my hair over and over. But I have a party to go to, and I really would rather not have my hair looking as it does at the moment. If there is any advise you could give me to dye my hair back to a light/ ash brown that would be brilliant. One thing I really don't won't however is to find I have light brown hair with green shades. Although not that noticeable its still a bit embarising. Or would it be better just to wait till my hair grows a sutible lengh, cut it and leave it to mother nature. Most probarly nobody would notice the greeny shades unless I mentioned them at said party. Please help. Thank you kat xxx
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 12, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Hello, kat. I've had members who've dyed their hair neon red, purple, pink and blue. You're the first one I know of that I dyed your hair green. If you want to neutralize the green hue, you will need to use a red base hair color such as auburn or reddish brown. Then use a brown or ash brown color to cover the red tones in your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I re dye my hair from dark brown to a lighter brown or darker blonde? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my dilemma, please help!! I wanted to do a hair color change, so I had my hair 2 toned. I told her I wanted to be dark on the bottom and blond on top so she did half the bottom dark brown and mixed sandy blond with another color for the top and it came out very brassy/red did not look...

Changing from dark brown to a shade or 2 lighter [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I need help with this one. I have tried to lighten my hair color. Right now it is dark brown (natural color) and I want to lighten it. I have tried poroxide, it didn't work. I tired to lighten it using some kind of blond mix with the developers. That just broke my hair off really bad....

Dark hair, how do I get a good shade of blue? [ 3 Answers ]

I have dark brown hair.. Its pretty dark. Where can I find a powerful hair dye, without bleaching? I just want it for a little while, as little as possible. I want to dye it a nice medium shade of blue. Its for a photo... So the shorter its lasts, and the more vibrant it looks (if I can get that...

Ingrown hair and dark shade [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I shave the hair keep growing down to my neck and I really hate that I'm 23 looking like 28 this ingrown hair and that's when the dark shade comes I'm light brown and its very noticeable major help please thank you

View more questions Search