Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ALLEN KINGa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2014, 05:15 AM
    How to think parents fight child in CHINA?
    Hello everyone. I am a chinese student. I want to know westerners' view about this question.

Have anyone?

I am sorry . My English is poor.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 5, 2014, 05:25 AM
    By 'fight child,' do you mean hit? Some of us in the US were spanked (hit on our bottoms) as children and believe it is sometimes OK, and plenty of parents still do it, but the general trend is to not hit children at all these days.
    ALLEN KINGa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2014, 05:33 AM
    By 'fight child,' do you mean hit? Some of us in the US were spanked (hit on our bottoms) as children and believe it is sometimes OK, and plenty of parents still do it, but the general trend is to not hit children at all these days.
    Yes, this is what I mean. Do you know the main reason?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2014, 05:58 AM
    First please Allen stop using the report button, the report button is for improper or answers that may be insulting. Your reports have been viewed and not valid as any rule violation.

Next if you want to add more information, just "answer" your own question.

First you are not clear, to be honest in 2 years of living in China I see almost no child abuse at all. It was more common in older generations perhaps it may be in rural villages still now. But to be perfectly honest I see children getting away and running wild as a normal practice with very little corrections from their parents.

Also parents go to work, children by age 3 are in a kindergarten so normally the child is in kindergarten from about 7 in the morning to 6 in evening 5 or 6 days a week. Then they start school where they are in school from 7 am to about 7 pm, till middle school. By middle school a large percentage of children live at the middle school and only go home on Sunday.

I know from tradition children were spanked, and even back handed for not listening, and heaven help them if they disobeyed a parent. But any "fighting" was always because of bad behavior of the child.

In today's society, that really is not the common case any longer. Just as in America, I am sure some abuse still happens but not like in years past.

I will say, that wife abuse is still too common, I have witnessed it in the street and other public places many times. One of our teachers had to even pay a fine for interfering with a husband hitting his wife.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 5, 2014, 06:07 AM
    Because your question appears to be about discipline or parenting, I have moved it from Early Childhood Education to Parenting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Searching for grand parents in quangdung china [ 0 Answers ]

Hi need help on to search for lost relatives in quangdong district : bao an village: xin on. Probably you could provideme with email address so that I could personally write to them for assistance. My husband mr liew vun kiong is eager to to know more and touch base with his relatives. There live...

Why I am fight with parents ? [ 2 Answers ]

Well, m not know about me why m fight with me parents but when its finish m feel sad and I think why ths is occur in me life...

If I had an affair, resulting in a child can I fight for custody of that child? [ 4 Answers ]

If I had an affair, resulting in a child can I fight for custody of that child?

Parents fight over which gang their 4 year old should join. [ 6 Answers ]

What is the world coming to.. FOXNews.com - Parents Argue Over Which Gang 4-Year-Old Son Should Join - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

View more questions Search