Ask
    lacuzzy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 07:01 AM
    Phone to computer connection
    How do I connect my phone whit my computer and browse with it
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2009, 07:17 AM
    The phone usually comes with a cable that plugs into the USB port of your computer.
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 4, 2009, 07:08 AM

You need a telephone modem. Most computers come with modems built in, and there will be a phone jack on the side or back of the computer. Once you connect your computer to the phone line, you need a dial-up Internet Service Provider. Something like NetZero, MSN, Earthlink. Google "Dial-Up Internet". The ISP will provide you with a dial-up number and often with software to simplify the connection (though you can do it without any software if you know what you're doing).
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Feb 5, 2009, 08:24 AM

I use a Bluetooth connection. My smartphone supports the USB connection only for file transfer so the USB cable is not an option on all phones.

When you set up your phone with the Bluetooth connection, it will automatically add the dial-up network connection to your computer. Just accept the defaults and try it. Most carriers do not have special settings.

Go the Bluetooth management software on your computer. Right-click on the phone and select Connect.

I typically get 115kb/sec speeds with my phone. Remember that you are using your Internet access on your phone and if you did not setup a plan with your carrier that includes paid Internet access, it can get expensive (about 25 cents/min).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from phone to computer? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from my cell phone onto my computer? I have a LG AX8600 cell phone. What type cord will I need to use for my computer and cell phone?

Alarm system phone connection [ 4 Answers ]

After a power failure I had to disconnect the phone connection to my Esprit 738 Express alarm system because it makes a buzzing sound and the phone line goes dead, the phones start working again a minute or so after the alarm is disconnected. Can I reset the panel or did it get fried...

Computer connection via phone line with dial-up host [ 2 Answers ]

I need to connect to a computer in a rural area where there is no high speed internet - just phone connections. Purpose is to monitor one or more cameras on the property. Need to set up a computer to computer connection that's initiated when I dial rural computer and have it set up to answer...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

View more questions Search