Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xamy0mariex Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 11:01 PM
    I turned my pretty blonde hair into a dark brown mess!
    I have (HAD) natuarally golden blonde hair. I wanted to go to a medium brown shade. It came out a little dark on top, but nothing I coulnt deal with, my bottom however, its almost black, dry and dead (needs to be cut), with a greenish tint to it. I absolutely hate it! I went out and bought a haircolor remover kit, but Im a little afriad to use it. I am getting my haircut later today to hopefully help get rid of the dead ends and some green! What would you recommend I do? I don't have money to get it professionally done, I am a poor college student. Thanks!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2006, 11:27 PM
    Having done the same thing to my head when I was younger... I would suggest for you to take any money you would spend for pleasure (going out on weekends, eating out, etc) and have it professionally done.
    I, on the other hand, was trying to make my brown hair blond and used a hair color removing agent after the blond color I chose turned my hair orange.
    This caused large sections of my hair at the top of my head to break off.
    I had to have professional hair treatments done every two weeks for the longest time. It ended up costing 10 times the amount it would have cost if I had just gone to a professional to begin with.
    I hope your situation gets better.
    Kae
    xamy0mariex Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 07:00 AM
    Thanks... I definitely don't want that to happen.
    princesss17 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 02:42 PM

I did the same thing, I am going to the salon this week to go get some caramel highlites and get it toned.. maybe that will work for you too!
    sassyass Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 09:27 AM
    If you colour your natural light hair to a dark shade don't go to a drug store and have the non professionals help you as they are not trained for that as right now I'm in a terriable mess, I am a natural grey/blonde so deceided to go with a medium brown well I went very dark so went back & the gal there said put a garnier over it dark blonde well I being in the mess that I was listened to her and now am very dark actually black which is just not me,so another gal there sent my hubby home with a residue shampoo well what the heck would a shampoo do for dyed hair? Hello. So now I'm getting ready for the process of bleaching & try to get back to my own colour so needless to say never listen to the ones that work at a drug store,but just found a product called colour oops that breaks down the modules in the hair and will help to get rid of the discusting bad one faster,,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Blonde highlights with dark brown hair [ 6 Answers ]

I just got my hair highlighted blonde/gold today but it's not as subtle as I had hoped. How do I make it fade to a more subtle color as quickly as possible without returning to the salon? Would Prell work?

Dark blonde to brown [ 6 Answers ]

My natural hair color is a darker blonde. In January of this year I went to a stylist and had them dye my hair a darker brown. I really liked it, but it continually faded/washed out from day one... even though I bought shampoo and conditioner from the stylist for colored hair and I didn't use...

Brightening blonde highlights and fading dark lowlights [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I used to have pretty light blonde hair, mostly from highlights. Today I went to get hightlights and I asked for a golden blonde color instead of just straight bleach. She said because I had such light ends that I should do a highlight and a lowlight. I said OK assuming it would turn out a...

Pretty Lady please help-hair subject [ 3 Answers ]

Hi PrettyLady I'm new here and I start making some reserch and it seems that You are the most educated person here about cosmetology subject so I decided to write this massage to You. : My problem: I have bleached hair ,the color is almost white .My natural color is cool medium brown that's the...

View more questions Search