Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maskew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Whirlpool side by side refigerator model #GF6NFEXRB00

The bottom of my freezer has had a lot of ice , it seems like it's coming from some type of back-bottom vent. So i remove it, but now my fridge is not getting cold anymore! This frigerator is only 18 months old! What could this be?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 12:29 PM
    The drain was probably clogged causing the ice. When yyou put the vent back on did you install it properly? If not the air cannot get the ref side from the freezer side. Take it back off and check it
    Guinness683 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Oct 24, 2007, 09:44 AM
    The defrost element or the defrost thermostat could be faulty, causing a build up of ice on the evaporator and blocking the air flow to the fridge. If you defrost the freezer completely and then run it and it cools down in the fridge until the ice builds up again that's your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE side by side icemaker leaking - Model #GSS27RGMF BB [ 1 Answers ]

It is still making ice but it leaks and forms a glob of ice under the white blade. When I clean off the glob of ice, I can see it dripping near the white blade. It drips slowly, a few drips at a time, like a dripping faucet. Any ideas?

Kenmore side by side Fridge icemaker model 106.9557651 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with my ice maker over filling? I replaced solenoid still havinbg problem.

Whirlpool side by side with water leak in freezer door [ 1 Answers ]

I have a side by side with water and ice in the door. There is water seeping from the door into the bottom of the freezer side. About every week or so it is built up enough that it leaks out onto the floor. I remove the ice block that has formed in the bottom of the freezer and the cycle...

Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light [ 1 Answers ]

Was this issue ever resolved? I have the same problem. LbashabrannerJul 15, 2006, 09:09 PM Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and...

View more questions Search