Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indian.1984 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2010, 01:44 AM
    If a guy marry's a hindu girl will he be allowed to get into a church
    I am a hindu girl,If I do a register marriage with my boy friend who is a christian,will he or his parents be allowed inside the church.

I am a hindu girl and my boy friend is christian,we belong to the same state in India.My parents have agreed for our marriage but his parents wants me to get converted to christianity,which I don't want to.They say that after marriage we both should follow one religion,people following two religion in the same house is not possible and good.I told them when we both have proper understanding between us then why should we worry about the religion.Then they said this is only the modern language which you are speaking, you are to young to take any decision,they asked me to speak to people find out their views about it.
    So I need help from you all.Please share your views on this.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 05:29 AM
    Yes. Truly Christian churches to not "check people out" before letting them in.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2010, 04:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by indian.1984 View Post
    They say that after marriage we both should follow one religion
    I agree, this is best.

I told them when we both have proper understanding between us then why should we worry about the religion.
    This may be true, but if you have kids, then that will be another issue. If either of you are truly serious about your faith, you should think long and hard before the union of marriage without the union of a common faith.

they asked me to speak to people find out their views about it.
    More good advice. I'm glad to see that you are doing it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2010, 04:35 AM

A couple getting married, should talk fully to both families, does not mean they will agree or have to listen. But a couple needs to know where everone stands.

Apr 11, 2010, 11:08 PM
    Thanks to both of you..
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 12, 2010, 06:25 AM
    It is possible that both parties wouldn't expect the other to convert, so that the household has only one faith. I personally see nothing wrong with each having their own beliefs, religion, customs, etc. with due respect and understanding from the partner.

When you start to draw a line in the sand, and family are encouraging you to alter or change your beliefs, that, to me, is unfair, and inappropriate.

The problems will come, when babies arrive.

Which faith they should be raised in, is entirely up to the parents, although their input is welcomed, and who knows, they may all agree at that point to one faith for the kids.

Just my opinion, but I would listen to family concerns, however, I would not convert unless it is a choice you willingly make, or he willingly makes, between the two of you.

Apr 20, 2010, 09:52 PM
    Thanks everyone..

Apr 21, 2010, 04:23 AM
    Feeling lonely..
    Threads merged

I am feeling very lonely today.. Is there anyone like me?
    I don't know whether this is the right forum..
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 04:37 AM

What exactly are you looking for? This is not a dating website if that is what your asking??
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 04:47 AM

Yes,some more info please.

Apr 21, 2010, 05:07 AM
    I was just expressing my feeling.. I am already engaged.. sorry if I posted it in a wrong forum.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 05:27 AM

Why do you feel lonely and if your engaged you should not be lonely? Right?

Apr 21, 2010, 05:45 AM
    Had a small fight with my fiancé..
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 05:46 AM

So what? Fights happen...
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 07:27 AM

Things like this happen. All relationships go through their ups and downs. Hopefully through communication (talking, arguing, or whatever) you come to some sort of agreement or compromise.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 08:00 AM

What was the fight about?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hindu girl deeply in love with a muslim guy. We both want to marry. [ 12 Answers ]

Hi friends, I am a hindu girl, deeply in love with a muslim guy. We are in relationship since four years. He is working abroad and has planned to settle down there. We want to marry but neither want to hurt our parents nor want the future of our siblings to be in mess. Please give me a way out. We...

I am a hindu boy I wish to marry a muslim girl whom I love everymuch? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a hindu boy from a different state and she is a girl from different state als.ooo... but we are in deep love.. I need to marry her,, I need some sugestion what can I do ti get her... and what all things I will face after marriage...

Can a Hindu girl marry a Christian without getting converted in a church? [ 22 Answers ]

Hi I know that this is going to be a little long question. But I want get all my doubts clarified ASAP. Plzzzzzz help! I am a Hindu girl and I'm planning to marry a christian guy. After years of struggle, we have finally convinced our parents and they are now ready to c us married. The main...

Marriage of reverted muslim girl to hindu on pressure [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine accepted islam 11 years back and is practising islam i.e offering namaaz, observing fast ,giving charity. Her father, elder brother tortured her every now and thenand even raised their hand on manny occasion.she belongs from an orthodox Hindu family.I and my uncle tried...

View more questions Search