Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magenta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 12:40 AM
    I want to have a baby girl
    My husband and I want to have a baby, but we really want to have a baby girl. I've done some research and one of the things that I've learned is for the girl not to climax. Does this mean at all or just when penetration from my husband occurs? And if you know of any other ways that will help us conceive a baby girl it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 12:54 AM
    I've never heard of any natural way to pick your child's sex, at least not from any source that seemed credible. But there's science. Here's an article you might be interested in:
    Sperm Sorter Allows Parents To Pick Baby Gender - Health News Story - KGTV San Diego

Sounds kind of cool.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jan 27, 2008, 08:45 AM
    There's really no way to choose the sex of your baby, sure you can have fun trying all the different techniques, but in the end you get what you get.
    Now I will say that the chinese Lunar calendar is considered a pretty popular one to try but it's still a 50/50 chance.
    It was right with my three children, my first was a boy like it said then my second was a girl and this one I am pregnant with is a girl, ( which is what it said)
    Just have fun with it and you'll be happy with what ever the outcome, boy or girl they both bring lots of joy to you.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Jan 27, 2008, 09:16 AM
    I have herd of a way to help predict a girl, but not climaxing is definitely not it. I think someone is definitely pulling your leg on that one!
    Now, I have herd of this on parenting shows and on some sites, but of course is not 100% sure going to give you a girl. It will only help your odds.
    Basically male sperm (Y sperm) swims faster than a female sperm (x sperm). However, the female sperm live longer.
    So if you have sex the day before or the day of ovulation the male sperm will get there faster. But, if you have sex a few days before ovulation the male sperm will have died by the time ovulation occurs, leaving the female sperm.
    In order to do this you would have to know and understand your cycle very well. You would have to know exactly when you will ovulate to know to have sex a few days before. If you are considering this method I suggest reading the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility to help you determine when your ovuation occurs. (Its not always on day 14 like most people think) Or you can check out the web site Taking Charge of Your Fertility
    Of couse, like I said, this isn't going to make sure you have a girl, it will only greaten your odds.
    Baby planning time - Gender selection is an example of a site with this method, of course you can find many others by simply searching it.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2008, 10:10 AM
    I'm not sure your facts are straight on that one ; that sounds a little farfetched to me. Generally the odds of conceiving a girl go up with (the woman's) age. Also, if you have intercourse at your normal time of ovulation (assuming your cycles are fairly regular) but you ovulate late, that'll increase your chances of having a girl. The reason for all of this is that, while the Y (male) sperm move faster and therefore reach the egg sooner than the X (female) sperm, the X sperm survive in the vagina longer than the Y sperm. Therefore, younger women whose cycles are typically more regular have slightly greater odds of conceiving a boy, whereas older women whose cycles tend to be more irregular have slightly greater odds of conceiving a girl.
    SVD 21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2012, 08:38 PM
    S. Cianci.. thanks a lot for giving good explanation. We are also planning to have the child and wish that would be GIRL :) Its just a hope but we can still give a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much should I feed my 6 month old baby girl? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know if my baby girl is eating good. This is what she eats : 8-9 6ounze bottles of powder milk 2 3ounze plates of rice cereal 2- cans of fruit (gerber) Some of my food as well like rice, banana, bread ,soup What do you think!!

Baby Girl got electrocuted [ 9 Answers ]

So, I woke up to my chihuahua yelping a few hours ago. She has chewed through a cord to a plugged in lamp and got a nice jolt. I called her vet's emergency number and the vet told me that she'll be fine, just to feed her and let her sleep. Not something that you can MAKE my dog do. It scared...

Baby girl has bumps [ 2 Answers ]

I just don't know what to do I have a 16 month old baby girl who has these hard bumps on her body they sort of look like a bug bite but for some reason I beg to differ... The first time this happened they were on her leg she got them during her sleep so she has what looked like bug bites all...

Want a baby girl [ 3 Answers ]

:o I have 2 boys and I really want to have a baby girl but I am still breastfeeding my 4 month old and my period has not restarted. How else can I tell that I am ovulating so that I can have my baby girl??

A girl that had a baby with someone else while she was with me [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know what I should do or how to get over the fact that my girlfriend had another baby but from someone else. She has 3 kids from 3 different fathers and one is 7, 2, 11 months. The 2 year old is mine and when she got a job at a hospital she started messing around with a co worker and got...

View more questions Search