Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pfh2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Dishwasher won't drain
    My dishwasher is about 2 years old and all of a sudden it stopped working. It would not do anything but click through the cycles if I moved the knob manually. I also had the bottom full of water. I cleaned the buttons and now it will start filling with water but just clicks through the drainging cyles. Any ideas? I cleaned out the filter on the bottom of the dishwasher.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 04:02 AM
    Check and make sure the float switch located in the front lower right or left is free and will move up and down
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Be sure to remove the screen in the bottom of the machine and clean out any built up goo. That is a safety mechanism to keep your motor from burning out if the drain is clogged. Mine did that until I cleaned out the drain using a plunger to get 5 years of built up goo out. Be sure to replace the screen before turning on or it won't work without the screen in place (another safety precaution).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher No Drain! [ 1 Answers ]

Dishwasher NO drain! My dishwasher does not drain after running through all the cycles. The water is beginning to smell pretty nasty. How do I get it to drain?

Dishwasher will not drain [ 7 Answers ]

I've had my dishwasher for over 7 years, and it will not drain anymore. I disconnected it from the drain, and put water back through it. The water moved through the dishwasher fine and drained. I then snaked the drain, and found no clogs. I re-connected everything and put water back in the...

Dishwasher won't drain [ 3 Answers ]

Sears Kenmore Canadian 615.13492 Drain line/hose is free and clear, as are undersink pipes (air lock) 4 wire harness into motor, so it's a reversing motor for pump out.

Dishwasher will not drain [ 2 Answers ]

Our dishwasher is filling, but is not draining. Pipes are clear and seems timer and solenoid are working. Is it the pump? Are they easy to replace? Thanks, M

View more questions Search