Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evelyn1989 Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2010, 07:08 AM
    Why would some guys behave like that?
    Ok, to keep a long story short, I’m from a small college and this guy and I are from the same faculty, though different majors. He’s supposedly from popular clubs in school and has a healthy social life from what I see on Facebook - clubbing, gatherings etc. A lot of girls I know think he’s cute (I don't think so though).

Quite some time ago - 6 months ago actually, we were placed in some school events together and from what I observed, he would look at me a lot from afar, but when we do have eye contact, he looks away quickly. He would walk past me and then ignore me but look at me from afar. And he would help me with chairs and things but not talk to me. And if I do talk to him - he’s pretty subdued, just answers and doesn't say much.

I added him on Facebook and neither of us did anything. But after that when I did see him in school, which isn't often, he would look at me and then when he's near, ignore me. Or like he would stare and observe but what is strange is, I ALWAYS smile at him, however he doesn't return it at all. I don't believe he’s shy. He's not known to be extremely charming or friendly either.. =/ what is it then?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 07:41 AM

He could like you... but you're never going to know until you do something about it!

Ask him to get some coffee. Can it hurt?
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 12:47 PM

Don't read too far into it, or you'll drive yourself crazy. Guys do these things for the same reason that gals do these things. For what reason would you look at a guy from across the room, and observe him? I would because I like the guy, I think he's cute and I just like to look at him.
    Why don't you ask him why he looks at you? That's the only way you're going to know for sure.
    sand_storm Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jan 6, 2010, 12:59 PM

Just casually joke with him. Don't read too much into it and don't take it serious. Just joke around with him a little. That or just say "Hey what's up?"
    evelyn1989 Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2010, 04:48 AM

Haha if I could ask him to get a coffee or ask him why is he looking at me or ask him anything, I would have done that like 6 months ago, and not wait half a year later and still ponder about it.

The men where I live are such wussies and I'm just not interested in men without a backbone. Its not in the culture ard here for the guy to do anything.

Thanks for the answers though
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 07:12 AM
    I don't know if it's a question of a backbone. Maybe he's not as interested in you as you thought, so asking you out would be leading you on. Maybe you're misinterpreting the signals into thinking that he might be interested.

That's why we suggest that you make a move, because you seem to be interested.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by evelyn1989 View Post
    haha if i could ask him to get a coffee or ask him why is he looking at me or ask him anything, i would have done that like 6 mths ago, and not wait half a year later and still ponder abt it.

the men where i live are such wussies and im just not interested in men without a backbone. its not in the culture ard here for the guy to do anything.

thanks for the answers though
    Then ignore him! If you're not interested, ignore him and don't waste your time trying to interpret his actions.

If he's a wuss, as you say, and you're not interested, just ignore him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why girls behave like that [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I met the girl to whom I like so much , I just ask her number and show her that how much I feel about her strongley , she agree to give her no and then we talked for always 2 months regularly , firstely she is not that much intrested but slowley she like me and one day she agree to...

Water Dispenser Doesn't Behave [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 7 Y/O GE side by side refrigerator. The water dispenser usually doesn't produce water, ice is OK. Sometimes it leaks and will the work. Kind of a nutty problem. I wonder if we have a bad valve at the door.

Earth? Round? Behave, it's FLAT! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I saw this article on the BBC News website and it made me smile like this -> :D ! BBC NEWS | Magazine | Do they really think the earth is flat? I love conspiracy theories! Ha ha! Some people are SO stubborn! J

Should firms behave ethically? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know , please help

Why does he behave like this [ 20 Answers ]

I have a question about a relationship. I have been seeing this gentleman for about 10 months we have been friends longer. WE have been like friends with benefits. I started to have feeling for him. I would get upset with him and he would say it is over and he would then come back into my life...

View more questions Search