Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizter1983 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 03:28 PM
    What's the chance?
    My sister lost her child a few months ago and my husband and I, who live out of state, went and petitioned for my nephew. My sister still has rights but she has shop lifting charges and child neglect charges on her. She is saying that she will be getting him back but she is doing drugs, pot and coke. Is there a chance that we will be able to adopt him and how long will it be? The father is unknown.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 7, 2011, 03:36 PM

The chance is slim to none that you will be allowed to adopt without the mother's approval. However, there is a strong chance you can get temporary guardianship until the mother straightens herself out. If enough time goes by and she shows no evidence of getting straight your chances for adoption will improve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to ask your ex for a second chance [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys, About a year ago me and my ex split up,my fault really,I lied to him and betrayed his trust although I didn't mean to I just thought itd be easier than taking the wrap at the time. Anyway we split up (after being togther a year and a half) and it was pretty messy. He said he didn't want...

Probability of 20ml of rainfall when 13ml chance is 87.7% and 16.9ml chance is 40.9% [ 5 Answers ]

Farmers in District D know when to plant and harvest because rainfall follows a particular pattern which repeats itself every seven months. Weather records for this particular area indicate a normal distribution as far as rainfall is concerned. The records further reveal that the chances of at...

I have a chance! What do I do next? [ 14 Answers ]

A couple days ago I got a surprise instant message from an ex-girlfriend who dumped me about a year ago, and we haven't talked at all in that year except once via email where I asked her for advice about someone I was dating. We ended up chatting online for about an hour this time, she asked me if...

Do I have a chance with him [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my names yolanda anyway I met this guy on a chat line a couple of weeks ago he's in his 30s and he is in the middle of getting a divorce but anyway he calls me telling me he likes talking to me and that he misses me.. then all of a sudden he doesn't call me for a couple of days I try calling...

Is there a chance? [ 118 Answers ]

I had to have an abortion July 31 because I went for an ultra sound and I was suppose to be 18 weeks when they told me I was only 14 an a half they had told me that there was something wrong with my baby.. that I would have miscarried no matter.. what but I wanted my baby more then anything.. as...

View more questions Search