Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jijo Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 02:52 AM
    The truth
    Hi.
    Is saying the truth a wrong thing in a relationship? I told my fiancé that I will have a second wife after our marriage which is allowed in Islam and she turned me off. Please I need your help to solve this problem.
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Aug 22, 2007, 04:22 AM
    You did not marry her yet and you are informing her that you will have second wife... what do you want her to do?? Am Muslim too... Islam had put very stricted conditions to get married from more than one... in your case, none had applied on you because you did not even get married yet... Honestly I do not know what to say about you guys... it's resentful... you take the part you like of the holly book and apply it and forget about the rest of it
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 22, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Honesty and truth are VERY important in a relationship.

I am not educated in your choice to marry more than one woman, but I can speak from a woman's perspective...
    I can't blame her for being upset at your statement. While I'm glad you told her BEFORE marriage so she knew up-front, its her choice not to enter that type of marriage if it makes her uncomfortable. She may not be the right person for you, or if you want her to be, you may have to just marry one.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Then she can't handle it, that's her problem.
    But I doubt if many women will take it... LOL.
    It's good to know, and I tell you what I will act... just like what she did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need the truth [ 5 Answers ]

I'm very interested in religion (mainly christianity). Is there any theological universities or colleges that are open minded and accepting of new knowledge. I don't want to go to a college that has its views set and refuses to accept anything that doesn't match up with what they believe. I want...

Is he telling truth [ 5 Answers ]

I think my boyfriend is lying to me, he always tells me he loves me and we are going to buy a house together. He tells me he has plenty money to take on a mortgage but I think different.

Peple who don't really want the truth [ 14 Answers ]

I have not been a member here for too long, but I wonder why SO many people who come here post question they KNOW will elicit negative responses, yet ask for advice and then complain about what they get... Any thoughts? It just irks me when they want "help" until you tell them what they already...

Truth or consequences? [ 8 Answers ]

A little background... I have 4 daughters and divorced their dad several years ago in order to provide a better standard of living for them. My ex lost his job of 25 years and decided not to work again, I guess. His method of providing was to put them on whatever government program they could be on...

View more questions Search