Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Goedele Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 12:41 PM
    Physics Fusion Question
    The force an electric field of strength E (N/Coulombs) applies to a particle of charge Q coulombs is simply Q * E. If the charge is positive, the force is in the direction of the field. a) How much force does a 150,000 N/C force exert on a deuteron (1 neutron and one proton) b) How much KE will it gain if stays in this field for 2 m How fast will it be going?
    Please, I need it as soon as possible!
    Thanks!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 22, 2011, 01:16 PM

For (a) you've been given the formula to use - all you need to know is that the charge of a proton is 1.6 x 10^(-19) C, and the charge of a neutron is zero. For(b) to find the gain in kinetic energy you multiply the force applied to the deuteron by the distance the force acts over, which is 2 meters. Finally its velocity is calculated from KE=1/2 mv^2; all you need to know is the mass of the deuteron to solve this for v, which I bet is given in your text book.
    Goedele Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 01:23 PM
    Comment on ebaines's post
    Thank you ! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physics question [ 2 Answers ]

Two blocks attached by a string (see figure) slide down a 20° incline. Block 1 has mass m1 = 0.78 kg and block 2 has mass m2 = 0.23 kg. In addition, the kinetic coefficients of friction between the blocks and the incline are 0.30 for block 1 and 0.20 for block 2. (a) Find the magnitude of the...

Physics question [ 2 Answers ]

help me solve these problems: 1)A particle is exicuting SHM with time T .Starting from mean position ,what is the time taken by it to complete 5/8 oscillations ? 2)Two particles executing shm of same frequency meet at x= A/2 ,while moving in opposite directions . What is the phase difference...

Basic physics question need help on... :O) [ 2 Answers ]

Find the magnitude and direction of the force produced by a vertically upward force of 60 N and a horizontal force of 50 N? Formula and answer please?

Physics question 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello can any one help me with this question?? 1 An athlete throws the shotput with an initial velocity of 14 m/s at a 40 degree angle from the horizontal. The shotput leaves his hand at a height of 2.2 m above the ground. a. Determine the x and y components of the initial velocity. b....

View more questions Search