Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryank67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 06:32 AM
    My Emachine E740 starts up normally showing the windows logo but then flashes up a blue screen,after which it then shows me a black screen asking if I would like to open windows normally or open windows with the last known configuration that worked.
    If I use the discs which came with my PC it gives me the option of starting windows by prompting but then goes so far and tells me that it is checking the system and does not move from that screen, is there any way to retrieve the files and just fit a new hard drive>

Regards Bryan
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 4, 2008, 08:03 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

To answer your question I would try using the repair option by booting to your CD. If that doesn't work, you can try replacing the drive and cloning your old drive.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Try booting into safe mode by tapping F8 on startup and the try to use system restore to go back to when your system was not having these problems

Start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore
    Pick a date earlier in time when things were working

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Cd drive problems/hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I'm using windows xp pro I've got a lite-on combo cd drive :E Basically I tried 2 fix my e drive because it wasn't reading cds (on dvds) and I think I put a virus on my computer When I tried 2 restart it came up with something like.. Windows cannot start up properly due to a recent...

Hard Drive Problems - RAID 0 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm trying to figure out if this is a hard drive problem, a RAID controller problem, or otherwise. First of all: Dell Dimension 8400 Windows XP SP2 1GB RAM Pentium 4 3.2 GHz Dual processor

External hard drive access problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi hope someone can help, I have been using a Maxtor external USB hard drive but I now find when I connect it the PC gives me a USB peripheral error. Any ideas? Phil Frankland

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

View more questions Search