Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmintpatty Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Smelly fridge ice and water
    I recently had a fridge installed with a water and ice maker. My husband got someone to tap the water line however the ice and water both smell and taste bad, like stagnate water. I noticed the same smelling water from my sprinkler when I had to change one of the heads because it was leaking. Could the water that was tapped be the wrong line. If not what could be the cause of the bad smell and taste of the fridge water. Note that no other water in the house smells like this.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Install icemaker in-line fitler. Home Depot sells them. They cost about $15.00 and have snap-in installation ends. That should take care of your smelly ice cubes.

If you leave water in plastic pipes / tubes for longer period - they will smell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smelly Kenmore Fridge - How do I access/clean the pan drain? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a bottom freezer Kenmore Fridge (model 59661862101) and a good quantity of milk slowly spilled inside the fridge without us noticing until it really started to smell. We've cleaned the inside of the fridge but the smell seems to be getting worse. I think that some milk may have gone in...

Smelly fridge water [ 3 Answers ]

I have bought a house and when I got the key the refrigerator was turned off and the doors closed, so you can imagine the smell. I cleaned it, changed the water filter but the water is still smelly. How can I get rid of the smelly water? Nicholas

Smelly water [ 2 Answers ]

Every Time I Do A Load Of Laundry Foul Smelling Water Comes Out Of The Top Of The Sewer Cover. I've Had It Pumped Even Though I Was Told It Didn't Need To. I Was Told That It Might Be The Tree Roots Have Grown Around The Pvc Lines. What Do I Do? I Have A Ton Of Dirty Cloths

Smelly fridge - drain pan is the issue [ 1 Answers ]

I've found the issue that is making my fridge STINK! A large quantity of milk has made it's way into the drian pan. The issue is that the fridge (Kenmore Bottom Mount Model 596.61862101) has a drain pan that is not accessible. I've taken off the back panel and can see the pan but you can't...

View more questions Search