Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2004, 01:33 PM
    Incredible boys
    My son is 6 and he is giving me a hard time listening. I have been trying to give him more attention since our 5 month old arrived but its just inpossible to find the time to make every one happy. When I ask him a simple task like to eat his lunch or change his clothes (when dirty) he just ignores me, and if I push it he just shuts down. How do I get through to him? :-[
    jolly-angel Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2004, 07:14 AM
    Re: Incredible boys
    I also have a 6 year old boy and am 18 month old girl
    I had a similar experience to you.. they are so used to having you to themselves that they really don't understand. I try to be gentle on my son and try not to lose my temper when he play's me up. If he needed to change his clothes I would suggest he picks out what he would like to wear and with food I always go for the special treat after he eats it all. I try to make special times for him even if it's a walk to the shops so he can buy sweets. And when my daughter goes to bed (always first) so that I have an hour to read a book with him or do some colouring.
    Hope this helps
    Tara :)
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Jun 7, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev
    My son is 6 and he is giving me a hard time listening. I have been trying to give him more attention since our 5 month old arrived but its just inpossible to find the time to make every one happy. When I ask him a simple task like to eat his lunch or change his clothes (when dirty) he just ignores me, and if I push it he just shuts down. How do I get through to him? :-[
    To me, I found that a little smack makes wonders! Say "Can you please change your clothes" (if dirty) if he doesn't do as he's told in five minutes sternly say to him "(name of son) i told you five minutes ago to change, either listen or I'm going to have to smack you" wait another 5 minutes and if he hasn't changed take him into a quite room and give him a smack (not to hard though) and tell him that he has been naughty and the next time you ask him to change that he better do it or he will get another smack. I was risen p like this and I am so thankful that my mother did this. If she didn't I would have been in jail a few times. Trust me, discipline is key. Don't be guilty when you do smack your child, you are trying to teach him to listen and do as he is told. Make time for him and when he does do as he's told, reward and praise him. It worked for me, it'll work for you.
    SoonToBeMumOf5 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Well I've got 4 boys.. 15,13,8,4 . Everysingle one went through that.. apart from the 4yr old but I'm expecting a girl in a few weeks so most likely il be going through it again... as I was quite young when the 2nd one came I couldn't cope with the 1st one ignoring me so I had lots of famly and friends too help me but now I'm a pro... I make sure the child feels include right from when the new baby is born and I let the child help feed the baby and stuff

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boys names. [ 48 Answers ]

I have already picked the most perfect girls name for my baby (if it happens to be a girl) - however I am having a hard time trying to find boys names I like. I want unusual, uncommon boys names. Any ideas??

I Hate Boys [ 7 Answers ]

Don`t u just hate it when guys are so confused? Well I just recently broke up with my boyfriend. We`ve been going out since July so that`s about 6 months really. In the beginning it is always fine, everything is great and you think he`s "the one". But then all we did was fight and fight because...

Boys [ 8 Answers ]

Thought I pass this on from my daughter............... You find out interesting things when you have sons, like: 1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep. 2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades,...

Mars' Incredible "Grand Canyon" [ 3 Answers ]

I was just doing some cleanup on my computer and ran across this picture. Just thought I'd share it. Most know Mars is much smaller than Earth, and some know that Mars has a canyon colloquially called the "Grand Canyon" (formerly known as Valles Marineris). Here is a picture of Valles...

Stuk between boys [ 1 Answers ]

OK I am almost fifteen but according to my parents they won't let me date until I am 16 but ia m but now that I am with this guy his cuzin likes me and this guy I have liked since like ever likes me and now I have no idea what to do I mean I like all of them and I don't want to choose because it is...

View more questions Search