Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brettmichael415 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Electrical outlet box
    What does it mean to tag the groung wires in an electrical outlet box?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 08:16 PM

The only context I can see is that you can change the color of a wire to whatever by placing electrical tape of the proper colors at at the ends.

At larger diameters green is usually not available, so you have to tag, for instance all of the black wires you ran as say red, green and white with appropriate electrical tape.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical outlet [ 5 Answers ]

I want to fix the faulty wiring in the electrical outlets in my house. I know nothing about how things work. I would like to try to fix it if it is possible. It is an old house . The out lets work but when I use a APC surge protector bar the red button comes on which means faulty wiring . So I am...

Electrical outlet going out [ 2 Answers ]

Have an electrical outlet on my covered front porch that I have most of my Christmas lights attached to... last night we had a HEAVY rainstorm with high winds that seems to have blown water into this outlet. Now there is no power coming from the outlet (I have confirmed this with a tester). It is...

Outdoor electrical outlet keeps tripping gfci outlet [ 3 Answers ]

Until just recently my christmas decorations would light up when we plugged them into the outdoor electrical outlet. Now when we plug it in the gfci outlet in the garage keeps getting tripped and the lights won't come on. Even when we reset the gfci, once we plug in the chord it gets tripped...

Electrical Outlet [ 2 Answers ]

My Electrical Outlet Is Not Working. I Have Checked The Breaker Box. What Could Be The Problem?

Electrical outlet not working [ 3 Answers ]

I have replaced an electrical outlet and it is still not working. What else could be wrong?

View more questions Search