Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amberzeekers212 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 6, 2009, 05:59 PM
    Emergency 911
    Why do almost all the people on this site take things so seriously. I have looked at many different questions, and there are people, oh you do this, or that, or talk this way, or ask that, then you are no longer welcome here, or we will ban you. I mean, come on. Are you all grown ups, or trying to reinact high school. Its called freedom of speech, and people should be able to post what ever they want, in anyform they want, with out all of you snobs butting in. if you don't like what one person has to say, or what they say, how about you just turn away from there question, instead of trying to control everyone. It's a free world, and anyone can and will say what they want to, with out all of you who think something is a little too vulgar, or offensive to chime in. if you have that big of a problem with that stuff, I think that the internet is the last place you should be, and more in like a convent. And yes, I'm sure all you "do-gooders" will have to make your pitteless remarks after this question, but guess what. I am an adult. And if you don't like what I have to say, then don't read it, and def. don't reply, because I know I will not lower myself to reply to yours!! :)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 06:15 PM

Can you give specific posts or remarks that you are referring to that bother you as I can only assume what remarks you might be upset with. Is it the complaints about text messaging, or people telling teens they are wrong to give advice that it is okay for a 14 yr old girl to be with a 21+ male because age doesn't matter, or what..
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jan 6, 2009, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amberzeekers212
    .... and if you dont like what i have to say, then dont read it, and def. dont reply back, because i know i will not lower my self to reply back to yours !!!:)
    Please note that one first has to read what you post before one can decide to like it or not...

:)

Anyway : what about all this aggression from your side ? Why ?

:)

Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 06:24 PM

I think she's referring to me.

I reported her for advertising.

Amber, there are rules, like it or not, and the rules make this site what it is.

If we allowed everyone to come here and say whatever they want, can you imagine what would happen? We have rules in order to keep this site clean and informative.

If you want to advertise then you need to go to a site that allows that, this one doesn't.

You agreed to the rules when you signed up, if you refuse to follow them then your posts will continue to be deleted.

We welcome all people here, but, if they don't follow the rules, then yes, they will eventually be banned. Can you do whatever you want in everyday life? Of course not. Same here.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 06:26 PM
    First no, people take this site seriously because it is, this is not a chat site or a blog, it is a serious question and answer site, one of the largest and most popular ones in the world. Next it is serious becase we are also one of the highest and best moderated boards.

And yes, people should grow up and not post childish posts or as in your case spam or advertising ( which I deleted all of your posts)

And freedom of speech, well not really, you can not ssy or do many things, you can not suggest illegal activities, you can not use vuglar or bad wording. You can not do sexual suggestions to underage people or about them and so on. We also protect our members from questionable advertising, and we protect our site from people who would advertise without wanting to pay for it.

But in general when you post against the written rules, and then come here with a silly post like this, it is obvous who is childish and who feels they are above the rules
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 06:26 PM
    Oops, too late, she's been banned.

I think this is the same girl that was telling off some of us the other day. She didn't change her username much, and her tone and attitude are the same as the other member.

I still find it amusing that they don't think we'll catch on.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 06:27 PM

Yes you can always put a link to your own website in the bottom of your posts use the edit signature button on your profile page.
    Advertising is not freedom of speech it is trying to get free advertising when a site may or may not want to endorse your product.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 6, 2009, 06:45 PM

Member banned for spamming. Thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Emergency vet [ 8 Answers ]

My dog tore his toenail last night and the bleeding would not stop. After hours of course. I dialed the vet ( stored in my phone) and thank goodness they have the emergency vet hospitals number on the message. A qiuck drive over my baby was still bleeding pretty bad. They took him right in instead...

Cat emergency [ 4 Answers ]

OK my baby girl (my cat) had a kitten with a scab, we took her up to the vet and the vet cleaned it up and stitched it, no my baby girl (my cat) the mom of the kitten is getting scabs all over her front paw what could it be?? Help asap!!

It says emergency [ 2 Answers ]

I have a maple chase programmable thermostat item #09620. The emergency light is glowing slightly. There doesn't seem to be a problem anywhere but, you know it says EMERGENCY. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :eek: :eek:

Big Emergency! [ 11 Answers ]

Greetings All, I really need some help or advice about my weight. I am currently morbidly obese. I am 5ft 9 inches tall and would estimate my weight to be between 600-700 pounds. It could be less, prayerfully not more but I cannot find a scale that goes high enough to weigh myself. I don't have...

What to do. Emergency! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey.. Its this girls b-day and I fought with this girl because she is big headed and she said that she would date me if she doesn't like the guy anymore.. so she is lineing me up.. so basically I got in a fight with her.. so what shall I do now.. how can I get her. shall I be an asshole.. and its...

View more questions Search