Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldnugget Posts: 99, Reputation: 9

Jan 9, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Morning sickness and miscarriage
    Hello.

I am about 7 weeks pregnant with my first child. I have not experienced any morning sickness. The only symptoms I have are very sore breasts and mild cramping.

Many people are telling me that no morning sickness can be a sign that there is something wrong with the baby and that miscarriage is more likely if you experience no morning sickness. Does anyone know how true this is?
    scouse_stacey Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Hiya chick, I don't think that's true one bit I had my daughter 5 yrs ago an I never had any morning sickness at all,
    But if are worried by this go an see your doctor or go the hospital just don't stress yourself out about what other people are telling you xx take care
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2007, 07:13 AM
    That is absolutely not true. Some women go through pregnancy never expereincing morning sickness. My mom had 5 kids, and was never sick. I know many other moms who have never had sickness. You just happen to be one of the luck ones. Don't listen to other peoples horror stories. They aren't your doctors, so they don't know what they are talking about. Just sit back and enjoy not having sickness. You may not be so lucky next time;0) best wishes and good luck. And if you ever have any concerns with your health, or your baby's health, don't hesitate to talk to your doctor. You aren't bothering them, it is their job, and that is what they get paid for. And I am sure that they would much rather have an overly concerned mom, then an underconcerned one.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 07:19 AM
    I have to agree with Buggage. I was one of those women who NEVER had morning sickness. I had 4 kiddos.

There are many symptoms of pregnancy, not every woman gets all of the symptoms. Also, not every pregnancy is the same. You may not have morning sickness with this one, but may with your second or third.

With my fourth child I had absolutley no symptoms whatsoever, except for no period (which was not uncommon for me anyway). I did not know I was pregnant until I was 4 months along! :eek:

So, yes, sit back and relax, this does not in any way mean you are at risk for a miscarrage.

And, again I agree with Buggage, (sorry gal but I got the spread it message again), contact your doctor or nurse with any concerns. They are much more experienced with you as they know your medical and physical history. That is what they are there for.;)
    sugarplum1985 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 04:17 AM
    Hi goldnugget I don't know how true that is but I remember watching something on TV that said the more morning sickness you have then less chance you have of having a miscarriage, I was watching a baby program I think it was baby baby on living tv2, I'm not sure how true this but with my 1st pregnancy I had all day sickness and 2nd pregnancy I didn't have any sickness at all and I lost that one at 14 weeks so I don't know how much truth that holds.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Not much truth Sugarplum. I had 4 healthy babies and did not have a moment of morning sickness with any of them. My sister had 2 healthy babies and no morning sickness.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Also, my aunt had 11 children, and as far as I know, she didn't have any sickness either(atleast not with all of them). Every woman's body just reacts differently, and every pregnancy is different. You may have no sickness at all with one, and terrible sickness with the next. You never know. Don't stress over it, as stress isn't good for either of you. One thing you will find with pregnancy, is that everyone and anyone has something to say about it. Whether it is family, friends, or even complete strangers in the grocery store. Being pregnant seems to be like inviting everyone to an open forum on discussing it for you, and horror stories. Haha. Just remember that everyone is different, and usuaslly by the time the story is told to you, it has been told a hundred time, and is several years old, and often exaggerated.
    horselady Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Just for the record - I am 58; but remember well my only pregnancy. I had no morning sickness; My mother had no morning sickness when she was pregnant with me. See your doc - don't worry it is not that unusual
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jan 13, 2007, 11:12 PM
    Just noticed this post and thought I would put my two cents in. I didn't have morning sickness until my last pregnancy and I have two girls prior to my twins. There is an old wife's tale that says that your going to have a boy if you get morning sickness and a girl if not. I have four month old boy girl twins and I only got queezy with them. No vomiting. I would have to say that the person that told you that is full of it or got the information from a unreliable source.
    goldnugget Posts: 99, Reputation: 9

Jan 14, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Thanks for your responses everyone. I am feeling much more comfortable knowing that many of you went on to have healthy children after experiencing no morning sickness. I am much more relaxed now. Thanks :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Morning sickness Overload [ 4 Answers ]

So OK, I'm 14 weeks today, and I've been In Major HELL, with this whole morning sickness! I've just about had it. I've tried to be positive and just happy that I'm pregnant, but when your throwing up EVERYDAY and EVERYTHING, it's hard to look at the bright side. I've been prescribed three...

Morning sickness [ 9 Answers ]

Anyone have any morning sickness tips for me? Its been a while since I went through this, so any tips would be helpful. I forgot just how much I disliked the first trimester hahha. Thanks

Period Sickness [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 18 and when I get my menstruation cycle I get really sick. I throw up and don't eat or drink for that whole day. What should I do about this?:)

Period sickness! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 17 and my periods have always been regular. Recently these past two months when I've started my period (always on the 2nd of every month) I've been sick. Tired, Bad headaches, to where if I stand my eyes go pitch black. Fever of at least 103. I also get these really bad pains on both sides of...

Baby sickness [ 1 Answers ]

My 8mnth old has had sickness & diahhrea.. I have seen on internet I can try soy milk which is lactose free... I was wondering if anyone else has tried this and if they had any other advice. She has now been poorly for 8 days, my doctor is aware and everything under control. :'(

View more questions Search