Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leonardscott Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 02:38 AM
    How do a sue my business partner
    2 years ago my 50/50 business partner froze me out of our software company and made it so I couldn't take a draw. I hired a business lawyer to get me a fair dissolution. My partner has been unreasonable ever since and has done many unethical things. He ran out business for 2 years and closed it down 1/1/10 saying there were no cutomers and he was starting a new unrelated business.

Recently I performed a search on his cell phone number and found a new website for him. He has had to site up for the last 1 1/2 years while he was running our existing business. He secretly moved the client base of our business to his new business. (I work from another state). I have proof because work done for them is featured on his new site!

I also suspect that he has made an illegal copy of some software a non-empolyee friend of mine created, that we used to represent with a licensing agreement. My friend had the software copyrighted in his own name and wants to send him a letter of revocation saying "he no longer has the right to represent the softare". But we don't have money to enforce the letters if he should challenge it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 14, 2010, 04:14 AM

This is going to be a complex issue with contracts, copyright laws and non compete issues involved. The only way you have a chance of getting anything here is if you have a lawyer. You might be able to find an attorney who will take this on a contingency basis, if you have a good enough case. But without a lawyer you don't stand a chance. Yes have your friend send a letter, but I doubt if this guy will comply with just a letter.
    leonardscott Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 04:51 AM

I have a International Business lawyer who I have been working with for the past two years. I have very little money left. I'm underemployed as a night auditor in a hotel. The lawyer is attempting to get me abatement insurance to cover the legal costs. The "letter of Revocation" is al ready paid for and will come from him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2010, 07:23 AM

So why not restart your own business, and steal back your customers ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business Partner Split [ 8 Answers ]

I am a business partner in a corporation with one other non-related person. I am known as the silent partner investing a huge amountof money to start a business. The partner operated the retail business. It showed a loss for the first yr and I invested more in the second yr. Sales were way down and...

Finding business partner /importer [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you for accepting me to your community. I want to export Ethiopian Textiles / pure cotton/ & Ethiopian Hand made woven Sholls and outfits. My Qwestion is : How do I contact someone of the same interest who wants to import those goods from Ethiopia? Thank you Sincerely yours Kokeb

Business name to sue [ 2 Answers ]

I contracted a Tile Company named ___________Inc. (on their letterhead) Their sign says _______________ (which is different), doing business as Failure of my tile deck occurred and a new owner took over 1 month prior to deck failure He tells me he bought shares He tells me he is a Incorporated...

Sue a business for slander [ 4 Answers ]

Do I need a retainer fee to sue a company for slander?

View more questions Search