Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmarie123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2012, 05:35 AM
    When did I conceive
    Hi there, I was wondering if you could help. I have recently found out I am pregnant. My due date has been given as the 31st of October. I had sex my boyfriend on the 31st of January. We split up after this. On the 12th of February I slept with someone else although he didn't come in me. When was the most likely time I conceived? Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 5, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Do you remember what your LMP was? With a due date of 10/31, you most likely conceived on February 8. Now, remember that it takes several days for the sperm to fertilize the egg after having sex, so having intercourse on 1/31 makes it possible for this man to be the father.

However, with that said, there is no way to tell beyond the shadow of a doubt until the child is born and a DNA test is done.

Knowing your LMP may change what I have said above.

May 5, 2012, 06:00 AM
    Hi there, my lmp was around the 25th of January but had been irregular
    Expert

May 5, 2012, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
    lmp was around the 25th of january
    That is what my gestation calculator said. So, most likely it was from the first encounter. But, remember, these are only estimates and since the dates are so close it's impossible to be entirely accurate without a DNA test after the baby is born.

May 5, 2012, 06:18 AM
    Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I will be having dna test done.. but this helps to ease my mind a little. Again thank you for your help! Much appreciated!
    Expert

May 5, 2012, 06:21 AM
    You are very welcome! Please let me know how things turn out. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Wishing you a healthy, happy and uneventful pregnancy.

May 5, 2012, 06:30 AM
    Thank you so much. I will be sure to let you know how it goes. All going well so far and I have the support of my boyfriend. Just hoping everything turns out OK. Thank you for helping!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When did I conceive? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I started my period Jun 17 2011 and I had sex on Jun 30th with an ex. Me and my boyfriend had sex from July 12- July 17. I went to the hospital July 18 and took a blood pregnancy test. It said negative. I went back to the hospital August 18 and they gave me a ultrasound and told me I was 6wks...

Trying to conceive after m/c [ 1 Answers ]

I want to get pg agter m/c

TRying to conceive [ 8 Answers ]

Me and my fiancé are trying to have a baby for a year now and it has failled every time we tried different times of the month to get pergnent could I have a problem where I can't get pregnant?

Trying to conceive [ 2 Answers ]

Hiii I am trying to conceive and my charts say I will be ovulating sept.7th.My problem is my hubby has some meeting of some sort that same Sunday and won't be home.I need to know if we try the 3rd,4th,5th and 6th.Do we have a good chance of getting pregnant? THANKS...

Can't conceive [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm 26 and have been with my partner for 4 years he had had vasectomy reversal 3 years ago and it shows he has live sperm and swimming at 60% I had anorexia but beat it but now I'm not eating right about 600 calories mainly mints or boiled sweets my periods are normaly and blood tests show I'm...

View more questions Search