Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    powertech31 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 12:49 PM
    Big Trouble - The fan on my Trane XE1000 stopped spinning - I live in Fl - part 2
    I have a 7 year old Trane XE 1000 and 2 days ago the fan simply stopped spinning. I also noticed that I have a blinking fan icon on the thermostat in the house.

When I turn the unit on (in the house), I can hear the outdoor unit doing something but the fan does not spin. The whole system was installed new in 2002 (new house) so I would have thought there should not be a problem yet. I have been out of work for 8 months so I am really concerned about what a fix will cost. I live in Florida with 95 degree days so doing nothing isn't an option. All power to the unit seems fine. Is there a capacitor I can check? Fan motor?

UPDATE - Its been determined to be the fan motor. I went and got a new fan motor but now have a new issue. The old motor had 3 wires; a brown, purple and black. The new motor has 4 wires; Black, White, Brown, and Brown with white stripe. SO - what I did is to take a picture of the wiring as it was with the old motor. I labeled the individual pieces and pointed out the old wires. If the first link doesn't work, you can copy and paste the second link into your browser. There you'll see exactly what I have now:
    The old motor had 3 wires

Hopefully someone can direct me where to put the new 4 wires... (Siberianair answered my old post and has been a HUGE help so far!)

I can be reached at 321-285-3139 if preferred
    THANKS!
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Aug 5, 2009, 12:57 PM

Just answered you on old posting...
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Aug 5, 2009, 12:58 PM

Did you get a new capacitor for the fan? Is it a single or dual cap? If it is a single cap than do this.
    Take the brown wire off the old cap.
    Put your two new brown wires on the new single cap. One on each terminal. Find a place to put new cap. Be careful because it will be sending live voltage when you turn power on. Maybe tape over the terminals and connections. Also make sure no other terminals will hit the metal on it. Maybe under the control board. Might also leave in box for protection. Now put the white wire where the purple one went. That is the contactor, and yes it is a relay.
    And the black where the black goes.

Hopefully you got the same specs on your motor. Horsepower, rpms, amps, volts, and rotation.
    If dual rotation you want the fan to blow up and out not down.

This should help your issues. Anything else let me know.
    powertech31 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 01:19 PM

"did you get a new capacitor for the fan? is it a single or dual cap? if it is a single cap than do this.
    take the brown wire off of the old cap. "

I'm not sure. There are 2 capacitors there, one is labeled as a "start" capacitor If you can copy and paste this link into your browser, you'll see exactly what I have:

The old motor had 3 wires -

Also - no, I did not get a new capacitor...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Big Trouble - The fan on my Trane XE1000 stopped spinning - I live in Florida [ 23 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old Trane XE 1000 and 2 days ago the fan simply stopped spinning. I also noticed that I have a blinking fan icon on the thermostat in the house. When I turn the unit on (in the house), I can hear the outdoor unit doing something but the fan does not spin. The whole system was...

Hunter 44660 Thermostat to Trane XE1000 Heat Pump Wiring Problems [ 1 Answers ]

:(:( I have a Hunter 44660 Thermostat that I am trying to connect to my Trane XE1000 Heat Pump. I think I have the wires not correct. The pump wires are (yellow,Red,White,Orange,Black,Blue, Green) and the Thermostate has Y1, RH, RC1, RC1, RC, Y/O, W/B, G. Can someone help?

Trane XE1000 Fan Knocking at stop [ 1 Answers ]

My 1995/6 Trane XE 1000 5-ton unit's fan knocks when it turns off. It runs fine, but am concerned that something is potentially wrong. I cleaned the unit today and looked at the fan and it didn't seem loose or that the bearings were shot. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Mark San Antonio

Trane XE1000- won't cool, blows, [ 3 Answers ]

Manufactured in 2000, 40 rated fuse outside next to unit, 45 at main power box, won't cool, hear light buzz or hum from external unit, I can replace anything needs replacing on the outside, on a budget, need to know what to trouble shoot, seems fuses are good. :mad:

Wiring Thermostat Honeywell 8320U to Furnace-heat pump Trane XE78+XE1000 Combo [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have the following systems, each set is functional and individually controlled by two separate Trane Weathertron BAYSTAT240 thermostats. Set 1: Trane Weathertron: BAYSTAT240 Heat side Trane XE78: TUD080C936A1 (Date: 02/1993) Cooling side Trane XE78: TXCO36C4HPB0 (date H06) Heat...

View more questions Search