Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdkmdixon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Trane XE1000 Fan Knocking at stop
    My 1995/6 Trane XE 1000 5-ton unit's fan knocks when it turns off. It runs fine, but am concerned that something is potentially wrong. I cleaned the unit today and looked at the fan and it didn't seem loose or that the bearings were shot. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark
    San Antonio
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Look at your compressor,could be that its loose or one or more of the feet or rubber grommets is worn /loose/or just completely gone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TRANE vs Amana in New Home: Is a TRANE upgrade worth $4k? [ 8 Answers ]

Background/Details: Building new home in North Texas. Closing at end of August. Builder and I are in dispute over what hardware to install for the AC. House is gas heated so this is about the AC side only. The AC hardware that comes with the house is made by Amana (under license to Goodman...

Trane XE1000- won't cool, blows, [ 3 Answers ]

Manufactured in 2000, 40 rated fuse outside next to unit, 45 at main power box, won't cool, hear light buzz or hum from external unit, I can replace anything needs replacing on the outside, on a budget, need to know what to trouble shoot, seems fuses are good. :mad:

Pipe Knocking and Popping that does not seem to stop. [ 1 Answers ]

I hope someone can answer my question. As a background I live in an apartment building (2nd Floor of 3 total). I want to be able to tell my landlady exactly what is going on and the easiest way to fix it so she cannot turn me down as easy. I have loud popping/knocking noises coming from my...

Wiring Thermostat Honeywell 8320U to Furnace-heat pump Trane XE78+XE1000 Combo [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have the following systems, each set is functional and individually controlled by two separate Trane Weathertron BAYSTAT240 thermostats. Set 1: Trane Weathertron: BAYSTAT240 Heat side Trane XE78: TUD080C936A1 (Date: 02/1993) Cooling side Trane XE78: TXCO36C4HPB0 (date H06) Heat...

Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT Are these prices sane ? Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic Quote...

View more questions Search