Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yehia5685782 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2012, 09:13 AM
    Why do my family hate me?
    My father and mother always fight with me all the time. I'm afriad that we have lost the love between each other, for every good thing I do I get no reward or praise and for every bad thing I do I here nothing but critisizm, abuse, and threats from my parents. We always fight about the littlest things and the biggest. I'm sorry I must seem so needy and y, but I never get the chance to release or vent any of my anger or frustration. We have all been under a lot of stress for the past 4-5 years with money issues and relocation and school. All of that has impacted and changed us for the worst, it also has brought down myself esteem and my own worth, it really isn't nice to hear insults and wishes that I was never born everyday. So my question is "how do I gain their respect and trust and love back?"
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2012, 09:51 AM
    Welcome to real life... few if any of us get praise for every good thing we do... in fact be happy if you ever get praise... and you can expect to be held responsible for every bad thing you do.

That's daily life as an adult... its time you get used to it...

With that part said... there is more to this than you are saying... who is provoking this? Is it you by insisting on doing what you want, how you want when they want it does some other way?

Problems rarely occur in a vacuum and usually everyone shares a part in it.

Take a step back... a few deep breaths... and before you argue back... stop... and hold your tongue... there can't be arguments without participants on both sides.

Trust me... they also don't bring up every little thing... it only seems that way.

THey are probibly having a LOT of stresses that you don't even know about... Money, jobs etc... last thing they need or want is getting lip at home too...

If you can learn to not yell back, you will see the tension defuses quickly... and sorry to say... if you need to vent or take out frustrations... physical exercise is a good way to do it... pick the activity that most appeals to you. BUt giving them crap is only going to make things worse... just as every adult learns... we call it "pick your battles carefully".

Adults will respect any teenager that knows how to demonst4rate maturity and to not lash out andmake everything into a personal battle... I.E. doesn't make mountaines out of molehills.

Respect is earned... its not an entitlement. Getting it back can be as easy or as hard as you make it. But it will take time.

The easiest way is to show the respect first... and understand your place on the ladder... children are not as high a level as the parents... just as the employee is not as high as their superiours... as a student is not as high as the teacher... you will deal with this throughout the rest of your life... Unless you somehow find yourself being the King of the land.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 26, 2012, 10:40 AM
    How old are you? What grade are you in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My family hate him [ 3 Answers ]

PLEASE Reply ASAP!! Ok,so me and this guy have been dating for about 8 month now,we have a healthy relationship.we laugh.we cry.we smile.we fight.everything is going great... until recently... my family(aunt,and 17 years old my cousins) hate him! My aunt has something aginsted him mother,and my...

Hate my family [ 3 Answers ]

I really do hate my family , they treat me like a dog , they chuck me around and I don't want to do the things I don't want to do , we always argue me and my dad and my mum , so really its me on my own and my mum and dad together , I just want to leave home and go see my friends and my boyfriend ,...

All the family members hate me [ 9 Answers ]

Its not that I am ugly or not friendly.. its just am not going to be a doctor a lawyer or an architecture... they hate that I am too sensitive too romantic... why the hell would people hate that.. I just can't be like them and I don't want to... not for them.. Sometimes ithink about packing and...

I hate my family! [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mum and dad and my little sister and frankly, every day with them is absolute torture. My dad hits me in heated arguments, my little sister is a spoilt brat and my mum is just a . My mum lives on the philosophy that if she isn't resting, I shouldn't be either. She believes that...

I hate my family [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I really can't do this any more my f**kin dad is driving me crazy I hate him so much I want to kill him why can't he go back to jail I was so happy when he was there.All he does is drink and smoke.He is cheating on my mom and she knows it but she loves him she says I hope he gives he STD or...

View more questions Search