Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victoriarose Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2008, 09:00 PM
    Finding an online job
    How do I go about finding a job online that is not a scam?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 09:15 PM
    I don't think there are any... if there are... I want to know about them as well!
    bill_photo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriarose
    Are you looking for a job or would you like your own business and work for yourself?
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jan 31, 2008, 02:56 PM
    It depends on your skills. I'm assuming you're looking for a job you can do online for someone else. One growing field is the virtual office assistant - there are training programs and professional associations for this field. You can read about it at the International Virtual Assistants Association web site.

If you're looking for freelance opportunities, you might check out sites where you can find freelance projects to bid on based on your skill set. My favorites are Guru, Elance, and RentACoder. Be aware that competition is fierce on these sites.

I'd steer clear of envelope stuffing scams, surveys for pay, and multi-level marketing schemes.
    home2work4 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Ok to start getting educated about work at home jobs you need to visit WAHM.com The Online Magazine for Work at Home Moms message boards and read, read, read. There is tons of information there that will help you avoid scams. Next, go to WorkathomeDesk.com - Authentic info on work at home opportunities & online money making tips ! which is a free site that has a directory of legitimate companies that hire home workers. Depending on your skills and experience, you should find some good leads there.

One thing to keep in mind, is that finding and applying for these jobs can take time. Many times you will never hear back from jobs you applied for. This is typically because the competition for these positions is high and employers often get an overwhelming response. Create a good resume that you can taylor for each job you apply for.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
    mjohn030 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 11:43 AM
    I just posted a answer,i hope you really think about it,with all of us looking for at home jobs,why don't we create our own web page and sell ourselves,we all have some sort of job backround
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

May 9, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjohn030
    I JUST POSTED A ANSWER,I HOPE YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT IT,WITH ALL OF US LOOKING FOR AT HOME JOBS,WHY DON'T WE CREATE OUR OWN WEB PAGE AND SELL OURSELVES,WE ALL HAVE SOME SORT OF JOB BACKROUND
    Not to discourage you, but if you build a web site then you need to market the web site itself which is itself a lot of work. If you have a background in Search Engine Marketing (SEM) then I'd say go for it, otherwise you'll find it's a lot of effort & learning to get to the point where potential employers know you're on the map. Is that really cost effective when your goal is really to find work?

Here's an alternate idea that you might consider: if you got a pool of people together with similar and/or complementary skills, you could pool your resources and create a business that would bid on projects on sites like Elance, Guru, RentACoder, etc. That might be more doable than starting from scratch. You could pool your money and buy a high-end membership so you'd be in a better position to bid for the juiciest projects on these boards.

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wondering about an online job [ 2 Answers ]

Hey:).. I was wondering is there are any legit jobs online where I don't have to invest anything or pay for starting..

Online job market [ 25 Answers ]

Are there legit online jobs for unskilled people?:) I was thinking of working from home and was wondering the possibilities of online jobs available. What are the possible prospects?

Transalation online job [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all , I still have 1 year to finish my traslation BS and id like to find any job online that might help me achieve experiences in this major.. Can I have anybody's help please

Need a ligit. Online Job [ 3 Answers ]

If you had 8-16 hours a day doing nothing and all you had was a laptop, a cell phone, internet access and all the time in the world what JOB would you do. I ask this because my boyfriend would like to make some extra money while he is working for the studios on set. And the resources posted...

Finding my boyfriend's whereabouts online through cell [ 6 Answers ]

Is there a way to find a person's whereabouts by keying their cell phone number in on a website? I think my boyfriend is cheating.

View more questions Search