Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    endover750 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2011, 07:43 PM
    Kitchen plumbing vent
    The venting pipe for my kitchen sink runs horizontally for a run of about 5 feet before it turns and runs up the wall and out. My problem is that the pipe runs about 4 inches above the level of my counter top. I have a new window to install there and the rough opening framing will end right in the pipe run. Can I drop this vent run down,( about 4-5 inches) for about two feet and then use a 90 degree to return it to its original run, connecting up again with the pipe going up the wall.
    argaiu1017 Posts: 92, Reputation: 8

Apr 14, 2011, 10:16 PM
    Why don't u re-route your drain if u are on a subfloor and run up vertically along the king stud and dirty arm over to kitchen sink with your trap arm.
    U may if your code allows u to do so. If so use medium sweep 90 for vertical to horizontal with vent, then use a long turn 90 to go up the wall. If this is exterior wall, run horizontal vent exposed under sink and run it back into wall and up.
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Apr 15, 2011, 08:47 PM
    States have different codes, but most codes require a vent to run vertical to 6" above flood level rim of fixture it is venting then may run horizontal until it turns to the vertical again.
    argaiu1017 Posts: 92, Reputation: 8

Apr 15, 2011, 10:35 PM
    Comment on puffmugs's post
    Yes, with structural issues where he has to install a window right where existing vent is, upc and cpc allows vents to run horizontal and slope it @ 1/4" per foot, or like I said run the vent along the king stud vertically and dirty arm with trap arm to the existing sink which is more work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing vent [ 4 Answers ]

I want to install a 1/2 bath on the main floor of our house. I have a 3" drain coming out of the basement floor that serves the washer and will serve the 1/2 bath. My question is venting the 1/2 bath toilet, lavatory, and washer located in the basement. Can a 3" elbow with a 2" side-inlet to...

Plumbing vent [ 1 Answers ]

Is a "soil stack" and a "plumbing vent" the same thing?

Plumbing Vent [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can get my plumbing tube vent through a 2x4? Thanks in advance.

Kitchen sink plumbing/vent problem [ 6 Answers ]

good morning to all! I have a question that I hope someone can answer.I have an older modular home that we've decided to upgrade the kitchen in.I'm installing new cabinets and a new sink and also have decided to add a dishwasher next to the sink base cabinet.my problem is that the vent that goes...

Plumbing Vent [ 3 Answers ]

1)Combination waste and vent has a vent pipe which runs horizontal for 15ft and than rise up through roof. UPC does not have any paragraphs to object this. Does anybody know what the risks are. THis is a system serving to one floor sink only with 2" tail pipe and 3" waste line.

View more questions Search