Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simonjaye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 10:18 AM
    Can I add my dad to my mortgage to remortgage but I have bad credit
    I am in a mess with money I have £30k equity in my house I was wondering if I added my dad to the mortgage would it improve my chances of getting a remortgage to get the money to pay off the debt and would it affect his credit rating if I could do it even if all the debt was gone this is the only way I can think of to get myself out of debt apart from going bankruot and losing everything thanks in advance
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2009, 10:23 AM

If your dad is willing to co-sign the mortgage it may certainly help you get one, if his credit is good. If you don't pay the mortgage it will adversely affect his credit. Even getting the loan will affect his credit rating, but it may not be adversely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad bad dreams. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sister who is 3 yrs elder to me. I don't know why but I always get dreams in which she tries to kill me. Once in my dream she paid a driver some money made me sit in a bus and threw me off the cliff.as in the driver jumped out right before I fell from the cliff. Second dream she pushed...

Credit Sales and A/R with Allowance and Bad Debt Expense [ 3 Answers ]

At December 31 of the current year, a company reported the following: Total sales for current year: $780,000 includes $160,000 in cash sales. Accounts receivable balance at Dec. 31, current year: $190,000 Bad debts written off during the current year: $6,800 Balance of Allowance for Doubtful...

View more questions Search