Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjbram Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Kenmore Dryer stops before dry
    MY Kenmore Elite Dryer, Model 110.63932101 runs normal and then stops before clothes are dry. When you push the button to restart it just beeps. After awhile it will restart but then may shut down again before dry, and you have to wait again. Any idea? I've done some of the diagnostic's on the tech sheet found in the dryer control panel, so wondering if it the computer board... but what else could I be missing?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 01:35 PM
    May be the board, but first I would try testing the motor on the unit when it shuts down. Possible it is overheating and shutting down on its internal overload. Then when it cools down it resets and will restart. Neen to follow the diaonostic sheet to see what all is in the line. Good Luck and post back for results or further help.

Jul 19, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Thanks and need a little more help as the diagnostic sheet doesn't indicate how to test the motor? On the motor strip circuit it shows a belt switch and the thermal fuse on one side of the motor and a centrifugal switch on the other side. How to indicate the motor would be shutting down due to heat? I checked the temp of the air coming out of the unit and it is running where it should 150 +/- 10 degree (when on high temp) Any ideas?
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 04:26 PM
    I'm talking about the motor heating up internally. When unit shuts off, unplug unit and test motor windings. Test the common to run for continuity then test start to run for continuity. You need to do this while motor is hot to verity problem. Or you could make a test cord and connect to motor to se if it will run. Also check at this time with a voltage meter to see where voltage is dropped. If the thermal switches are bad, it should only stop heating but should not shut unit down. If the thermal fuse where bad, the unit would not start at all. Hope this gives you some idea of what's happens and how to test. Anymore help? Post back

Jul 20, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Thanks for the reply... Do you know if the entire back panel of the dry comes off, or how to get to the motor. It seems buried in the unit. The back panel has a few screws, but also looks to be tack welded ? I can take the top off and I guess remove the drum etc.. To get to it but want to make sure. It's a Sears 63932101 model Elite dryer.
    Thanks
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Remove the end caps on the consol. Lift the back and pull toward you Remove 2 screwa at the corners. Flip up the console. Remove 3 screws under console. Now slide cabinet top forward and lift. This will remove the top. Remove the kickplate. Push in with putty knife to release the spring catches.The rest you should be able to see how to remove. Any other help post back.

Aug 18, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Well, I can't figure out where to test the motor... is it down where the motor is or at the control panel? If its at the motor, do you have to remove the drum etc.. To get to it... it seems like it. On the diagram its shows "main" and "start" with ohm values... is that what needs to be tested for proper resistance? Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Dryer, slow to dry [ 2 Answers ]

I have a electric Kenmore Heavy Duty, Super Capacity Dryer, Model # 110.60602990, Type # DWJR-ELE-2406028-FM54. I bought this dryer used a few months ago. It is about 4 years old (I was told) but wasn't used for the past 3 years, due to a living situation. My dryer takes a LONG time to heat. ...

Kenmore Dryer does dry cloths [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Experts - I have 14 years old Kenmore Dryer, which warms cloths but not dry. Any suggestions where to start ? Regards, Rai P

Why does my Kenmore Elite dryer not dry [ 1 Answers ]

The dryer tumbles fine but does not dry or even heat up?

Kenmore dryer-not dry enough [ 3 Answers ]

I have a kenmore HE2 electric dryer that does not dry clothes completely. Usually have to run the clothes through twice in order to get it dry. Much thanks in advance

Whirlpool Dryer - itermittent "fluff dry" cycle stops [ 4 Answers ]

Our Whirlpool dryer has a cycle for intermittent dry or fluff cycle... it seems that it runs fine, then when it shuts down at the intermittent of fluff cycle it will not turn back on again, any thoughts? Kirk

View more questions Search