Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lareyinmiami Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 05:14 PM
    2003 Honda Accord EX making noise when idle and accelerating
    My 2003 Honda Accord EX V6 makes a noise when it's idle and when I accelerate (Kind of like a high pitch noise similar to an Airplane engine) It seems to be coming from the alternator area, but it starts up just fine. Would you know what that could be?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2008, 05:28 PM

These noises can be difficult to pinpoint, even with a mechanic's stethoscope. Frequently, they are water pump-related.
    huerta_49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 07:24 PM
    Did you ever find out what the problem was? I have a similar problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Honda Civic has high idle 3000 RPM [ 2 Answers ]

My 2003 Honda Civic LX with 47,000 miles has worked perfectly until now. Since yesterday, every time I start it, the engine revs up to 3,000 rpm in neutral or park and 2,000 rpm if in drive. I can control the car with the brake, but it runs away with me if I stop braking. So I can't drive it...

Honda Accord misses at idle [ 1 Answers ]

My 1999 Honda Accord Automatic 4 Cyl has begun to miss or drop a beat at idle. It idles fine and then misses a hit or 2 and then will idle fine again but missing at anytime continually. It also upon reaccelarating may miss/lope and then continue fine. I checked the spark plugs and they showed...

Honda Accord Idle Fluctuates [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all, I have a 1998 Honda Accord lX, 4 Cyl, AUTO. It only has about 70k original miles on it, and I pretty much baby this car. Problem: Intermittently, like when I stop at a stop light or sign, the idle drops low almost to the point it seems like its going to stall, but doesn't stall....

98 accord making clunking noise when making hard left turn [ 3 Answers ]

My 98 accord ia making a clunk, clunk, clunk sound when making hard left turns. It only does this with left turns a slow speed like making a u-turn. It actually seems to make the car bounce a little with each clunk. It is definitely not a clicking noise. I have just put a prelude h22 engine with...

Honda Accord 1986 stalling when accelerating [ 1 Answers ]

3 Door EX, carburetted model. 1800cc 12v, ET1 engine. Car stalls at red lights and going uphill. If I keep it in 2nd point of choke then it will not stall but RPMs at neutral etc will be sky high. I have 1) used a fuel cleaner. No effect 2) cleaned and refitted carburettor. No effect...

View more questions Search