Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hage47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 07:20 PM
    Inherited property one wants to sell the other doesn't who has what rights
    My wife and her sister inherited their mothers condo, her sister wants to rent it out my wife would like to sell it next spring. What rights does my wife have? Can she force her sister to sell? What if her sister doesn't like the price that is offered for the property-can my wife force the sale? Thank you in advance.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 29, 2009, 07:46 PM

If the sister doesn't want to sell then she can buy your wife out,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sell of Inherited Property [ 2 Answers ]

My mom and her sister inherited their fathers property after he died, there was no mortgage to pay. When he passed away it was appraised for over 100k, They have an offer for 90k, when it was recently appraised for 85k. Are they going to have any taxes to pay on the property if all goes well with...

Who pays back property taxes in inherited property [ 5 Answers ]

I inherited 51 acres in West Virginia from my father who has died in March of last year. It is being transferred to me on Friday. The 2008 property taxes have not been paid. The will is going through Probate Court in Georgia now. Should the estate of my father pay the back taxes as the will is...

Inherited property [ 2 Answers ]

If I inherit property outside the US, and intend to sell, what are the taxes I will have to pay?

International sell of home ? Inherited? Bringing money to the states. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am trying to get some advise on a house sale. I currently live in Ca. with my brother and mother. My Dad passed away 4 years ago in another country (Ecuador). My father lived in the U.S.A. and also in Ecuador however he owned a house where my mom and dads name is on. We are...

Property taxes on inherited property [ 1 Answers ]

When daughter inherits home from parent and moves into the home, is there an adjustment to the property tax base in California? Currently taxes are extremely low but house has increased in value since purchase 40 years ago. House is held by trust.

View more questions Search