Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parisbound Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 02:16 PM
    How can I get a Dual Citizenship with France ?
    I was born in NYC, but staying in Paris, France. My Mothers Mother and Father were born in France. MY Mother was the first born in the U.S. How do I apply and can I get dual citizenship because of my grandparents ?
    My fathers parents were born in Poland and my Father was the first born in the U.S.. Since that is part also of the EU, can't I get citizenship?

Thank You
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 08:39 AM
    If both your parents were born in the US I don't think you have any special privileges in getting a French passport, one of your parents would have to currently hold French citizenship and they could sponsor you.

Call your local French consulate to confirm this though/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US-France Dual Citizenship [ 36 Answers ]

I am a 19 year old US citizen who reads, writes, and speaks French. My mother was born in France and moved to the US as a little girl. Her mother is French and her father is American. My father is American as well. She has dual citizenship. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to also get...

Dual Citzenship France/US - Security Clearance [ 2 Answers ]

I have dual citizenship with the US and France. I was born in France to a french mother and American father. When I turned 18 I decided to move to the US to live with my father who had since divorced my mother. I have now been living in the US for the last 26 years and have maintained my french...

Dual Citizenship US-France [ 0 Answers ]

How do I get French citizenship? I am a U.S. citizen. I want dual citizenship. I was born in Paris, France. I am under 18 years old. I live in the USA. My parents were born in Cambodia. They were naturalized in the USA.

France-US citizenship [ 3 Answers ]

I am a French citizen living in the US . I have been here since I was 6yrs old.Iam married to a US citizen and work as a master plumber here. Iam trying to get info on how to get dual citizensip with the US and France

View more questions Search