Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sam33 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Prepare correcting entries
    1. A payment on account of $ 500 to a creditor was debited to accounts payable $320 and credited to cash $320

2. the purchase of supplies on account for $550 was debited to equipment $55 and credited to accounts payable $55

3. a $300 withdrawal of cash for r. Masi's personal use was debited to salaries expense $300 and credited to cash $300

Prepare correcting entries
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 02:23 AM
    What do YOU think the answers are?

I will help to get you started on question 1….

Quote Originally Posted by sam33
    1. a payment on account of $ 500 to a creditor was debited to accounts payable $320 and credited to cash $320
    What JE was done?
    Dr. AP 320
    Cr. Cash 320

What should have been done?
    Dr. AP 500
    Cr. Cash 500

What needs to be done to correct this?
    Dr. AP 180
    Cr. Cash 180

500-320 = 180

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I prepare? [ 1 Answers ]

I need a gifted psychic to help me. My relationship is changing. I am in fear that he is not the same person I thought he was. Is he being honest with me? And if not what is he hiding? My birthday is 6-18-82 his is 5-5-79. If you need more info please message me.

How to prepare iron (II) nitrate? [ 1 Answers ]

You wish to prepare a pure dry sample of iron (II) nitrate. To do so, you mix iron (II) chloride with silver nitrate and silver chloride precipitates out. You filter this and crystallise the remaining solution. What's wrong with this procedure? Please explain, and help suggest alternative...

How to prepare for kittens? [ 2 Answers ]

I posted last week about a stray cat who I think has had kittens. After reading a lot about it there seems to be little doubt of that now. She has been coming to the house to eat every day, usually once a day. The last couple of days she has been coming a few times a day and Desperately...

View more questions Search