Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    novice plumber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 08:15 PM
    LDR industries low flow convert to higher flow?
    Can I convert a low flow valve to a higher flow to fill the large jet tub faster than 20 minutes?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 03:52 AM
    Hi np:

Check that the roman tub spout doesn't have a low flow aerator in the end of it first. If it does then remove the aerator and see if that speeds the fill time.

If not, then the only way to really increase VOLUME of water to a tub would be to install a 3/4" inlet tub valve with 3/4" hot and cold water supplies. That tub would fill fast then... ;)

However, increased flow of hot water means that your hot water system needs to be capable of handling the increased flow or you may end up getting cooled water 1/2 way through the filling of tub. This is especially common in homes with 40 gallon water heaters and tankless coils off boiler systems. My point here is that you need to be sure that your hot water system is capable of handling the increased volume needed for filling tub faster then present... that make sense?

Let me know if you have any more questions on this...

MARK
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 12, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Marks correct. To increase the volume of water entering your tub piping with 3/4 to a 3/4" valve would do it, but onlry if you only have enough hot water to complete the draw without running out of it. What's the capicity of your water heater and how much water does it take to fill your tub? Let us hear from you. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between funds flow and cash flow statement [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted 2 know the difference between funds flow and cash flow statement

Difference between cash flow and fund flow statements? [ 6 Answers ]

Difference between cash flow and fund flow statements?:)

Difference between cash flow and fund flow statement [ 1 Answers ]

What is a difference between cash flow and fund flow statement? What is fund flow statement? Prepare a fund flow statement with the help of an imaginary figures.

Difference between cash flow and fund flow [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between cash flow and fund flow?

View more questions Search