Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clueless94 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2012, 09:40 PM
    Cold water comes out of hot water faucet, but only in one bathroom
    Just moved in 4 months ago. Cold water comes out of the hot water faucet, but this occurs only in one bathroom. Everywhere else (kitchen, other bathrooms), the hot water comes out okay. House is ranch-style (1 level). Even if I wait a long time (10 minutes), water still stays cold in just that bathroom. What could be causing the problem?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 23, 2012, 04:52 AM
    Cold water comes out of the hot water faucet,
    More details please! One handle faucet or two knobs? If a one handle valve does the hot water come out the cold side? What's the brand name of the faucet? How old? Back to you, Tom

Mar 23, 2012, 08:40 AM
    It is a two handled faucet, but I am not sure what brand it is. Both valves under the sink are open.

Mar 23, 2012, 08:43 AM
    I suspect the faucet is at least 20 years old. Just to clarify--it has two knobs, not two handles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

No water in hot or cold bathroom sink after flushing my gas hot water heater [ 5 Answers ]

Thank you. I flushed my hot water heater last night. I only turned the cold water intake to the heater off and on BUT now, after the flush, my second floor bathroom sink faucets (both hot and cold) don't work at all. The shower and the tub in the bathroom work but NOT the sink- HELP! Thanks so...

I have a Delta ball type faucet and it has cold water but no hot water. [ 8 Answers ]

No hot water on my delta ball type faucet. Cold water works fine. What do you suggest

I have 1 hot water faucet that runs only cold water? Any guess's why [ 1 Answers ]

All the hot water faucets in the house run hot water except the basement shower. The sink in that bath works fine with hot and cold water but the shower is cold water on both shower knob settings. Is the problem at the knob, in the cartridge?

View more questions Search