Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrosenelson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 10:52 AM
    Driver side power seat forward/back malfunction
    I have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe. The driver side forward/back functions has stopped working. The same button controls the tilt of the bottom part of the seat and is working fine. The button that control the tilt of the back of the seat is also fine. I have looked to see if something might be jammed in the track but didn't see anything. The seat heater works and the passenger side seat is also fine. Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2010, 11:02 AM

Try spraying the button with WD-40. If that doesn't work, you'll need to tear into it and see where the problem is.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 05:22 PM

The fore/aft motor is different than the tilt/recline motor. And the portion of the control switch is different, too.
    Have you worked with electrical schematics before?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 2003 Chevy Suburban, the a/c on pass side runs hot while driver side is cold [ 1 Answers ]

My 2003 Suburban has an a/c problem: passenger side runs hot, driver side runs cold. I need help to figure out why this happened & how do I fix it.

Record of driver putting injured deer in back seat [ 2 Answers ]

About 12 years ago, I was on a business trip to Chicago. While driving my rental car on the Interstate, the radio station was playing a record which had me bent over with laughter... This driver had stopped to put a dead deer in the back seat of his car, but the deer came alive and got involved...

Driver side front power failure [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe. I took off the fron driver door panel to spary sylicone on the window track runner bacasue it was sqeeking and getting stuck. I reconnected the plug to run the window up and down to get it fully lubricated and the window worked great. I then disconnect the plug to put...

How do you put drivers side window (power) back on track? --- [ 1 Answers ]

Just got 1996 Pontiac Grand Am--need to fix window. Was told it is just off the track. Don't know for sure--any help would be apprecdiated.--- can get it up about halfway. Any help would be much apprecdiated.

View more questions Search