Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiffrocks2010 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2010, 09:52 PM
    Popular Guy Asked me out!!
    See after school was out for summer break, a really cute, popular guy asked me out. I was sooooo happy. But a week later he broke up wit me through a text message. Do u think that was right? Im thirteen. Do u think I should chase after him and try to get him to like me again? I don't know why he broke up with me?
    aimee_tt Posts: 340, Reputation: 143

Jun 16, 2010, 10:07 PM

Don't CHASE AFTER HIM!

Your 13! Concentrate on school!!

He broke up with you after a week so you didn't have a connection to him other than he looks cute...

You have heaps of time to chase boys...

For now be a kid!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 10:08 PM
    Hi, tiffrocks2010!

No, it wasn't right. If he thought highly enough of you and truly cared about you, he would have given you news like that in person to you as well as reasons as to why he was breaking up with you.

Just because someone is "popular", doesn't mean that they are the best person to hang around.

Thanks!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 16, 2010, 10:47 PM

Forget about him, another boy will come along. In fact, many boys will come and go.

You're young, 1 week is nothing in a relationship, so move on, just like he did. :)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2010, 05:58 AM

This is the way popular boys behave. Chaing after him will only give him a laugh and them your be making yourself looks foolish.

Take everyone advice and move on and focus on other things.
    amy112 Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2010, 03:34 PM

Don't chase! You should just leave it alone and at a maximum ask him why he broke up with you. Maybe not in person... might be awkword.. send him a text back :)
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 21, 2010, 06:11 PM

No don't chase him, never chase after any boys, plus you're young no doubt you'll have many more b/f between now and when you become an adult, Just enjoy life. Boys can wait until you're older.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 06:32 PM

Don't get in the habit of chasing after boys, especially ones who dumped you and do it via text.
    You guys were only with each other long enough to maybe know what your favorite color might me.
    Have fun this summer. Don't waste it worrying and chasing after some boy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 06:56 PM

Popular is a good word for "jerks" the boys you want to be looking at are the ones that will care for your feelings.
    cheerhard11 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 11:10 AM
    Forget about him, Your only 13 and you have a whole life to find the right one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He asked what if I met the guy I dream of in XXX country [ 19 Answers ]

I am not an emtional person, and I have always focused on work instead of meeting men. After missing many signals from guys - I was told by my gfs, should I take this as a signal or leave it like I have always done previously? ( it might be a normal question that he asked, I don't want to over...

I like this really popular guy but I don't know if he likes me [ 5 Answers ]

I like this really popular guy but I am just like in the middle. Definitely not unpopular but not exactly "popular" And I sometimes see him glancing at me, but like I just met him this year so I don't know him that well. We've like never talked. I like to believe that he likes me, but I just don't...

Being liked by a popular guy [ 6 Answers ]

He told me he liked me, and asked me how to pursue me. But he is a very popular guy in my college. He is handsome, sociable, and smart. Lots of girls like him. I never looked serious when facing his questions, for I am not confident to be his girlfriend. Last relationship really kicked my , and I...

So, the guy I asked to formal said. [ 4 Answers ]

So, robert, the guy I asked to go to formal with me said "No" At first I was confused but then I remembered to play it cool. He said No that he wasn't even going to formal and now he felt like a jerk for saying no. I don't want things to be weird between the two of us so what should I do? I mean I...

View more questions Search