Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    njgal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 04:07 AM
    Brown Vaginal Discharge on the pill
    Hi,

I am started taking birth control pills this month. I missed a pill in the middle but I took it the day. I had unprotected sex 3-4 days after that. Now for the last 3-4 days, I am having a dark brown vaginal discharge. What is this discharge. Why is it caused ? Could I be pregnant. Do I need to be worried ?

I am 30 yrs old and married, no kids. We have been using condoms so far. This time we wanted to try the pill.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 8, 2009, 05:57 AM
    It's most likely your body getting used to the pill. Remember that the pill is not 100% effective. If you miss a day it is even less effective.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown(old blood) vaginal discharge - chlamydia?other illness?normal after pill? [ 5 Answers ]

First of all thank you so much for this site.Really, I need help. I am almost 18years old and have been sexually active with my boyfriend(18years old) for about 6months now(he is the first guy I have ever had any tipe of sexual relations with). We always used a condom but one time the condom...

Brown,vaginal discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I've not had any problem as a 50+ woman with menopause. However, since I began taking vitamin E I'm having discomfort in my breast, like I was going to have a period,and have just started having a small amount of first red, but now brownish discharge. Should I be concerned?

Brown Vaginal Discharge [ 1 Answers ]

OK I'm 21 years old and I thought I had a vaginal infection so I used an over the counter vaginal cream to treat myself... during treatment my period came (its irregular) so I stopped using the cream. When I thought my period had finished I continued using the cream then my boyfriend and I resumed...

Brown Vaginal Discharge [ 1 Answers ]

For the past two days, I have been having a brown discharge. I am one week away from my period and I am on the pill for the last 7 years. What could be causing this unusual discharge?

View more questions Search