Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 06:05 PM
    The "Egyptian Flu"
    There seems to be an epidemic of a special strain of flu that has been affecting the females in my family lately. I am the fourth in the last 6 months to catch it. Its called the Egyptian Flu. I have had it two other times in the last 4 years. You catch it, it progresses for 9 months, and at the end of the 9 months, you become a mummy. SOO, around September 30, looks like I'll be turning into a mommy again.
    And, no, we weren't planning on it(atleast until my 8 month old turned 1... so another 4 months) but special packages come in special ways and times:) and aside from a bit of surprise, we are very happy. Just thought I would let you all know, in a silly kind of way:)
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jan 29, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Congrats! That is such exciting news! You are so blessed to have another one on the way! I know it was a touch sooner than you were "planning" but I know you are happy. Congrats again. Hope this pregnancy is easy for you!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 29, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Buggage, hun. Congrats. Now, you know what I am going to say.

When this flu is over, please please get the flu shot. After the first two your body has not recovered enough to be healthy. You know as well as I that it takes one year to fully recover from pregnancy before becoming pregnant again.

You are a good mom, and a wonderful person, but you need to take care of you. If you are not healthy, those babies will lack.

Again, congrats, take those prenatals, and please, please, please, get the flu shot or some other kind of prevention once this one is born.
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 07:36 PM
    I'm definitely not getting the shot again, no way on that one. And I don't react well with any of the other treatments I have used so far. So, spermicide and condoms are the best source for me so far. I am trying my best on the issue, and I don't think God would give me this baby if I wasn't ready for it. By no means am I going to be going by the plan my aunt and uncle went by, using nothing at all and letting fate decide. (as they ended up with 11 children, and I know I couldn't handle that.) I've been taking the prenatals constantly, I'm eatting healthy, am in great physical condition, and so far, the pregnancy has been a complete breeze compared to the other two, and its only the beginning, so I have high hopes(typically at this point I would have had my head in the toilet non-stop for the last week) Like I said, it was earlier then I expected, and I really appreciate the concern, I know its closer together then ideal, but as I said, I don't believe God would send me this baby unless I was ready to handle it. Its definitely not ideal timing, my husband just lost his job, and we're frantically searching for a new job. But we're remaining positive, he's doing temp jobs where ever he can find them until his applications are answered, and we try our best with all we do in life, and God will bless us, provided we do what we can on our end. Know what I mean? Just trying to stay positive here
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 07:42 PM
    I am very happy for you. Your husband will find a reliable source of income, soon. Breastfeed for several years.
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Thanks for the encouragement simoneaugie. My hubby is a hard working and resourceful guy, and works his butt off for us, so that I can stay home with the kids, and I respect and love him so much for that, so I definitely know he'll find something soon. Just worrisome at times. It was time to find a more reliable job anyway. Construction pays great, but isn't always the most reliable, esp in the winter.oh and I do breast feed, I was rather proud that I made it to 8 months with my second son. With my first son I was not able to continue past three months, because of circumstances, and it broke my heart that I wasn't able to provide longer for him. So I was rather proud of my 8 month stretch this second time around. I hope this third time will go just as well, if not better. Thanks again
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 09:10 PM
    That is wonderful and incredible news buggage!
    I wish you and your family the best
    And hope you continue to have a smooth pregnancy!!
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Congratulations... your post really caught me off guard... When you said the part about becoming a mummy, I still didn't get it right away... I was thinking that sounded awful! I finally got it when you told you were going to be a mom again! Glad my exwife didn't break the news to me that way when she was expecting!

Anyway, congratulations... You sound like a great wife! One that would certainly make a guy feel life and work was worth it!
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Thank you so much oneguyinohio and akaetrue. You guys are great. Hah, I like to try and break the news of my pregnancies to family and friends in funny ways. Kind of a family thing I think. My brother announced their first baby as " we just found out my wife got a paracite. It'll feed and grow off her for about 9 months, but after that she'll be ok" or something along those lines. HAHAH. It took my mom a while to figure it out, and was pretty horrified that he would be declareing something so embaressing as having a paracite to the family like that HAH.

Jan 30, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Buggage I absolutely love the way you announced the pregnancy. I told my hubby about it last night and he, too, thought it was great! Sorry to hear about your hubby's job. It is so wonderful to see someone so positive. I could probably learn a few things from you. I'm sure that a great job will find it's way to your husband soon. It's great to hear that you don't have your head in the toilet, too! You are an amazing woman.

Have you tried the mirena iud? I have issues with because as well, and I had it inserted 7 weeks after delivery. I've had it for almost 2 months and it is wonderful. It lasts for up to 5 years, but can be removed at any time. Just a thought for after this little one gets here. Who knows... it could be a girl this time!
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Hah, glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, things will be rough going until we find a good source of income again, but its nothing we aren't use to. We started life out with a bang (or two.. or three.. hah) and life hasn't been easy, but we've been so blessed, and without hardship, you wouldn't be as grateful for the things that you DO have. Basically in life, you just got to keep working and moving on... the other options get you no where good. :0)
    As far as the IUD, I am not a big fan really. I don't like the risks involved, nor do I like the fact that it doesn't stop you from getting pregnant, it just stops the pregnancy from progressing. Know what I mean? I will admit that being on the shot, really made me very cautious about anything I use anymore
    And yes, hah, everyone keeps saying that maybe it will be a girl, but I'm afraid to even guess, because every time I guess, I am sooo sure it's a girl, and every time I have been sooo wrong, obviously as I have two boys. Hah. So I'm letting everyone else do the guessing ;0)

Jan 30, 2008, 02:23 PM
    So do you think this will be it for you, or do you want more? I know I want probably 2-3 more, but hubby isn't sure. He's thinking 1-2 cause he already has 2 from a previous marriage. I don't want too many, but I guess I'll know when I get there. Neither of us feels 'done' yet.
    I'll keep my fingers and legs crossed for a girl for you. Though it is nice to know that with all boys you practically have your own football team!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 03:05 PM
    LOL, Buggage, hun, I was being a little tongue in cheek when I mentioned the "Flu Shot" LOL

You have the Egyptian flu, it's the time of year for the flu shot... Oh well, guess that's another one of my attempts at humor that just didn't get off the ground. LOL

Congrats again hun. I know you will do great. You're a good Mom, you really are. Hope you get a girl this time. It's such a different experience.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 03:15 PM
    LOL flipping heck girl you don't hang around do you tee hee congrats xxxx lots of hugs xxxxx
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 05:02 PM
    CongratS! Wonderful news! I'm sure all will work out... it always does. :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 05:11 PM
    J9, hah well, I thought you were joking at first,and I figured you knew me well enough to know I hate the shot with a passion hah. But then at the end you said "get the flu shot or some other kind of prevention" and I just interpreted it as THE shot. Haha. Oh well. Thanks again. I hope I can keep it up and be a good mommy. I always worry I will not do so well and neglect one or more of them, or something retarded. Haha.
    automansgirl, I would personally like to have 6, hahahha, but that number will likely change once I get three HAHAHAH. Hubby says " however many we can provide for emotionally and physically/financially." HAHAHA but yeah, who knows. Definitely not more then 6 hah. At this point I'm not sure I'll make it past three. But I come from a family of 5 and my hubby from a fam of 7. so we like the bigger sized fams.
    curlybenswife, it definitely does seem that way doesn't it. HAHAH
    alkalineangel, thanks for the encouragement!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Congratulations, I am so happy for you. This is the first time I've had the pleasure of reading one of your posts and I have to say that it is the first time I smiled all day. You sound like such a wonderfully positive, happy person, how do you do it? I think that with your outlook on life you will find three children to be absolutely wonderful. I have two, a boy and a girl and miscarried my third two years ago. I'm getting a bit to old to consider another one so I think I'll have to quite at two. I couldn't ask for better kids than the two I've got, and by the way (and please don't call me nuts, I've heard it before) I breastfed my daughter for almost 3 years, it wasn't planned that way, just kind of happened. Anyway, I wish you all the best.
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Thank you so much Altenweg, you sound like such a sweetheart too! Your posting has got me all smiley again hah. And if you asked my kids, they probably would tell you that I'm not all happy and positive all the time hah. I get pretty darn cranky some days(esp on the days I am up with one or the other all night hah) but I definitely try to look on the bright side of things. If you don't, then all you have is misery, and who wants to wallow in that? Not me for sure. It doesn't get you anywhere good, and no one likes to be around a "debbie downer" that's for sure. Hah. As far as the breastfeeding goes, once the teeth come in, I think I will ALWAYS be done haha

Jan 30, 2008, 10:53 PM
    Buggage, I think you'll find three surprisingly easy... or at least that's what I hear. I've been told that two is harder than one, and three or more is simple. I guess once you've learned to split your time between two you can do it for many! I think big families are great. I grew up with 3 brothers, but my husband was raised as an only child, even though he has a brother and two sisters. They lived in different states so it was difficult. Now that he has seen how my family reacts it makes him really want that kind of family.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I'm just so very happy for you and your family. I can't wait to have another, but I definitely want to wait until Jack is at least a year to start trying. Make sure to keep us updated on your progress. Get some sleep!
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Yes definitely, sleep is a precious commodity, not found in abundance in this house hah. Oh well. Eli sleeps way better then Ashton, so maybe this next one will sleep through the night instantly hahaha. Wishful thinking. I've heard that three is the hardest, because with two, at least you have two hands, but once three comes, you run out of hands haha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search