Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rsjd08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 04:16 PM
    I call him Sperm donor
    Okay my son is 22 months old. My now husband wants to adopt my son. My husband and I dated for 21 months. We have been married almost 3 months. I have not seen the "sperm donor" since I was about 5 months pregnant. My question is how to I go about the adoption and there is no fathers name on the because.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 17, 2008, 01:04 PM
    You get a lawyer, and make a good faith attempt to contact the bio-father.

If you can contact him, ask him to give up his parental rights. If he refuses, go after him for as much child support as you can get. That won't MAKE him give up his rights, but it's pretty good blackmail. If you are unable to find him (and a lawyer will be able to tell you what constitutes "good faith" in your state) then you can proceed with filing adoption papers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Friend Wants to be our Sperm Donor. [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I are trying to have a baby.. A really good friend of ours wants to help and be our donor.. To protect him and give him ease at mind and to protect us we want papers signed saying he will have no rights to the baby. So that way we can not go after him for child support and he can...

Egg donor [ 2 Answers ]

I donated my eggs to a family in need about 11 years ago. I have since had my own healthy children but am curious how the child is doing... it was suppose to be an open Type of adoption per say, but I don't know how to find the family or lawyer. I do not wish contact, maybe just a photo and...

Abandonment by bio sperm donor a possibility? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My situation is tricky, at least to me it is. When I got pregnant with my son 7 years ago, the bio ditched us when I was about 3 months along. I had phone contact with until I was about 7 months along and then nothing. He didn't call to check up on my son till he was 4 months old, at which time...

Using a known sperm donor, how do I protect myself? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in the state of California and a friend has offered to "sell" me his sperm, how do I protect my rights and avoid a situation where I risk him wanting parental rights? He is related to my partner, so its not a current fear, but I want to be protected. He has agreed to release his paternal...

Sperm tails and sperm heads [ 1 Answers ]

Why is that sperm tails are lost before the heads? Also do heads last longer than other significant proteins like p30?

View more questions Search