Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bullspen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 09:51 PM
    Accident
    I was involved in an accident where the other person was making an illegal you turn. She decided to do this from the outside lane just after a median where it shows a no you turn sign. I ended hitting the car on the drivers side. Now I have no insurance due to the insurance company cancelling my policy due to a late payment. Can I still get compensated for the damage to my car or should I just walk away
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2012, 04:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bullspen View Post
    i was involved in an accident where the other person was making an illegal u turn. she decided to do this from the outside lane just after a median where it shows a no u turn sign. i ended hitting the car on the drivers side. now i have no insurance due to the insurance company cancelling my policy due to a late payment. can i still get compensated for the damage to my car or should i just walk away

I'm a liability investigator - where did this happen?

IF the accident is her fault she's the one you look to for payment - her insurance, Small Claims Court -

You, of course, have a duty to TRY to avoid the accident so more info is needed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 11, 2012, 06:01 AM
    If the accident was her fault, you can get paid, you having or not having insurance does not matter on that. So was there a police report and did that report state they were at fault
    bullspen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 06:28 AM
    Yes I tried to avoid the accident. She was travelling slowly on the outside lane and I just turned the corner and had just accelerated to the posted speed limit. I had just approached the rear of her car when she proceeded to turn in front of me. I'm just worried that cause I have no insurance at this time that I can't go to her insurance company for compensation
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2012, 07:00 AM
    Your insurance status does not matter - if was not the cause of the accident and it does not keep you from collecting from her.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 11, 2012, 07:18 AM
    The problem you may have is if her insurer denies fault and refuses to pay. If you have valid insurance your carrier would pay your collision and help go after the other insurer. Now, if herr carrier refuses the claim, your only option will be going to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had an accident [ 0 Answers ]

I had an accident and when I called the police they said exchange you details and your insurance will tell you who's fault was. The accident happened on the hight was of speed limit 50, I was on the left hand line on 48 mph and in-front of me was a car, I tried to overtake it and behind me was a...

Determining accident fault? -my parked car involved in multi car parking lot accident [ 15 Answers ]

What happens in a parking lot accident scenario: Car 1 driving (fast) hits Car 2 that is backing out of the parking lot. Car 2 because of the impact now hits Car 3 and Car 4 which were parked to Car 2s' left and right respectively. I have Car 5 and was parked to Car 3's left. My car (Car 5)...

Accident [ 1 Answers ]

My dad recently sold a bike to his friend without transferring the papers on his name.thers no registration on the name of other person also.we don't have any proof that my dad sold the bike to him. The person who buyed the bike dashed a 40 year old person.the bike was not insured.the injured...

Accident [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I also need some advice my friend was in an accident he borrowed a vehicle from a friend to pop intown quicly but he doesn't have a licence, in what kind of trubble is he?

Accident in Tx [ 4 Answers ]

I was recently involved in a car accident near Austin, TX. I was driving a rental car returning to a hotel on a windy road and in the dark. Speed was approximately 25 mph for both cars (estimate). As I rounded a corner I saw lights coming from the other direction and corrected to the right,...

View more questions Search