Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssexton Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Dad no longer visiting children or helping financially
    In the past year and a half the father of my 6yo and 9yo has not been visiting except maybe 6 times. The kids do not won't to be around the girlfriend or her child because he (the child) decided to show his privates to them! I have not forced them to go and neither has the father. But he isn't helping pay everyday costs either. He basically has just forgot them and not tried to solve the issue.. I need assistance.. what do I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 07:16 PM

What does the child support order issued by the court say ? He does not have to "help" with any every day expense, he has to give you a weekly or monthly child support check according to the income guidelines of your state.

If you don't have a child support order in place that is your first stop.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 07:24 PM

As pointed out all he has to do is pay the ordered support. Do you have an order for support?
    ssexton Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stinawords View Post
    As pointed out all he has to do is pay the ordered support. Do you have an order for support?
    No, there is a shared parenting plan with me having primary residence.. whatever good that does but no there is no "child support" order just states split expenses between mother and father.. kinda crazy.. of course didn't see that till now, because he has always paid..
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 07:03 PM

What state are you in? I've never heard of a judge just issuing a "split the costs" ruling. I would you go to court to file for child support.
    div2wice Posts: 103, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 1, 2008, 08:24 PM

I agree. Things in that "plan" have obviously not worked... its clear you need assistance. You need to file child support papers and state the reason why you need them now (that he is no longer following your original agreement). They will issue an amount based on his pay (in some states its up to a specific percentage of his take home pay).
    Do this immediately, so you can get the financial assistance you need before things get too hairy money wise.
    Good luck,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financially Irresponsible In-laws [ 9 Answers ]

My wife's parents have lived extremely irresponsible lives and are now in their sixties with no savings and no health insurance. In fact, they often ask one of their other daughters for financial help paying their mortgage and other expenses. My wife and I are in a decent financial position being...

Box on incline. If you push it up, will it take longer to go up or longer down [ 5 Answers ]

If a box is given a shove so it slides up an incline then slides back down to its starting point, will it take longer on the way up or on the way down? I think it's down.

Electric dryer taking longer and longer to dry clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer that is taking longer and longer times to dry the clothes about 2-1/2 hours to do a standard load. The time seems to be increasing - Is this dangerous? It is probably running my electric bill up? The dryer came with the house I bought a year ago. I would guess the appliance...

Financially Irresponsible [ 2 Answers ]

My parents are both retired. My father is 70 and my mother is 67. Both have health issues. My father takes care of the finances, however, he has stopped paying all of their bills. My mother is going blind because of an eye disease (maculardegeneration?) and my father is not paying any of the...

Children helping with dogs (labs) [ 7 Answers ]

As I mentioned in my last post, my little nephew and niece, age 4 and 6, are coming home to live with my husband and I very shortly, and bringing their dog and guinea pigs to add to our household of one dog and one cat. I would like the children to participate in taking care of the animals,...

View more questions Search