Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RemodelGirl Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2008, 12:18 PM
    How many light on one circuit? 15-20amp?
    HI;:)
    I am remodeling my kitchen and installing new lights. I will be installing 8 Halo resesed 6" cans with 60w bulbs but they are rated for 75w, and 2-2tube floresent light fixtures, and they all will be split up between 4 switches but might be all on at the same time. There is one existing light circuit, 14gauge wire on a 15 amp circuit that is 15ft. Away from panel, that has one single bulb light on it. The house is 15 years old.
    My question is can I run all these lights on this single circuit? And-or do I need another 14 gauge wire 15 amp circuit? Or do I need to put all these on a new 12 gauge 20 amp circuit? One or two? Or what do you sujest that would be right and to code, I live in California.
    I want to thank you in advance for any and all help you can give me.
    Monica, :)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Yes, that is fine on 15 Amp, Don't know if 1 switch could be on different circuit, so if 1 trips, you will not be in the dark?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit with GFI, light switch, and microwave [ 10 Answers ]

I am replacing a kitchen receptacle in a 40+ year old home with a GFI receptacle. I learned that this box also contains a light switch and also continues onto a microwave. What is the correct wiring scheme.

Light switch shorts out circuit breaker [ 13 Answers ]

Sorry!! :D Wrong category. :o This is mighty dump of me to begin with. I was switching my two switches left to right and the metal part of the switch touched the positive screw. :eek: Yes. I did not switch off the circuit breaker. :p I thought it was no big deal because I was just...

20amp QUAD double pole versus 2 20AMP tandem single pole [ 2 Answers ]

I have 5 zones of baseboard heat, 3 of which were disabled due to the addition of a heat pump. The circuit panel is full and would like to restore the operation of the 3 zones of base boardheat. I was planning on removing 3 double pole 20amp 240 volt circuits and installing 3 QUAD 20 amp double...

20amp circuit breaker, 15 amp receptacles [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20amp circuit breaker with 15 amp receptacles and light switches on #12 wire with a load of 1700, is this allowable? If not, and I change to a 15 amp circuit breaker, is the 1440 watt safety load in the code or is it a non-code safety suggestion?

Outside GFI circuit - 15amp outlet on 20amp circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I need a better understanding of what I should do when setting up my new outdoor circuit. I've got a circuit that runs about 150 feet, so I'm installing 10g wire to allow for the voltage drop. I read in the Home Depot Electrical 123 book that I can have at most a 15amp circuit with 10g wire on...

View more questions Search