Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashhlizz16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Cartilage piercings
    I just got my cartilage pierced on my left ear 2 days ago. It is extremely sore to touch and it is a bit red its not beat red its just a little red it doesn't hurt other than touching it and I'm doing the proper cleaning more so than it said. Do you think its infected? Or is it part of the healing process?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Soreness and tenderness is just part of having a cartliage piercing. They are among the few piercings that can get the most sore.

Try and avoid any injury as much as possible, don't talk on the phone, and don't sleep on that side. These things will just add on more tenderness.

Try not to clean it more than once a day. Overcleaning will prolong the healing process and add on to the irritation. :)
    amy112 Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2010, 07:36 PM

Look at claire's site under aftercare and points of caution

Ear Piercing Cleaning | claire's

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Industrial piercings as compared to cartilage. [ 5 Answers ]

MMkay... so I would like to know how much worse an industrial piercing hurts as compared to a cartilage piercing... any info will be helpful! Please and thank you!

Confused cartilage & belly piercings [ 8 Answers ]

Is there really a certain age you need to be to get a cartilage piercing? Because my friend has told me you need to be 18 or so but I doubted it at first. I know you need to be 18 to get your belly done from where I'm from, in calfornia. I know that you shouldn't remove the piercing from your...

Lip Piercings [ 2 Answers ]

In may i got my monroe pierced (upper lip) and now its my birthday on the 17th and my mom said im aloud another lip piercing. Im not sure if i should get the otherside, * i really want it* or my right bottom lip. People say my other side of my monroe wudlook tacky, but i want ittt. but they said...

Piercings [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, OK I have a 4 month old industrial peircing and it has these little bumps on the ends of each hole and I use sea salt and once and a while peroxide, do anyone know what else I can do to make them go away or will they go away in time, cause I know it takes 6 months to a year to heal.

View more questions Search