Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coopersmama2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 07:21 PM
    Hippa violation or not?
    My employer is trying to accuse me of a hippa violation by saying that when I informed a guardian of a resident that her son was being abused by another resident in the home and I had already let the management and did the proper documentaion and nothing had been done. I let her know but I'm not even sure I had mentioned his name but it was for her sons safety as well as the other housemates. Something finally did get done about it but it got done just because of the mother.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Is it your job to report this to the family or is there a supervisor that is suppose to tell them.
    Did you not just tell them that you felt they were being abused, You can not name the other patient to them, that is up to the management.

Yes if you told them the name of the other patient you most likely violated it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Is this a hippa violation. [ 3 Answers ]

I work at a massage clinic and went to another massage clinic (a chain) to get a massage. The nexyt day my boss came to me and told me that she knew that I had gone to that other clinic. I had filled out an intake form at the clinic where I received the massage so they had all of my personal...

Is this a Hippa Violation? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dealing with Workman's Comp because of a back injury that I received while at work. I have been seeing a doctor for this now for almost four years. I recently was involved in an auto accident and it aggravated my back injury from the workmans comp case. I have recently found out that...

Is this a HIPPA violation? [ 6 Answers ]

An Occupational Therapist recently posted information about one of her patients online. Giving many details about his medical condtion, what it was, how and where it happened, and his age. She did not give his name, however with all the informatin given someone who knew him could have easily...

Hippa Violation? [ 9 Answers ]

Hippa violation by Drs. Office by allowing a non employee full access to all pt records? Ok this could get complicated fast. I had a good friend that "worked" w/o being paid at a Drs. Office. The Dr and she were friends and he had offered her 11.00 per hour and told her anytime she was ready to...

View more questions Search