Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kibs45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 08:23 PM
    Whirlpool GS445LELS Gas Range oven issues
    A few months ago the oven got overly hot while baking. I mean very hot. It never did that again, but every so often (maybe once a month) it would seem to undercook, or run cool. We never thought too much of it because we use it a lot and 98% of the time, it was fine. Today my wife stuck a turkey in and after two hours of not paying attention, the timer went off, go to pull out the turkey, and the oven is cool, but the turkey is slightly cooked. Checked the display and it indicated 350 degrees. I turned the oven off and then turned it back on to 350 degrees, and it fired right up, and got hot. Here is what I noticed while watching it for the next hour:

1. The oven seems to have trouble lighting. You hear the click-click-click-click five second pause click-click whoompf. It is consistent though and it never seems to have a mini explosion. Other than the fact is has to do it twice I wouldn't notice anything different.

2. The oven cycles a lot more than it seemed to previously. By cycle I mean off-on-off-on much more frequently.

3. After about 45-50 minutes even though the display still indicates "on" @ temp, the oven quits lighting altogether and goes cold.

I only tried this a couple of times, but while I am mechanically inclined I have never messed with gas appliances and am unsure where to start or how. Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Joel
    kibs45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 04:51 PM
    I just thought I would let everyone know, there are at least three service pointers for this and like ovens all with dsi ignition. They will say basically to replace burner ignitor assembly or ad an additional ground to the dsi board. IF YOUR MACHINE HAS ALREADY HAD THESE MODIFICATIONS check your ignitor tip for corrosion. If the ignitor dip is corroded it will inhibit proper grounding of the flame detection circuit. You can gently clean the tip with emery paper and save yourself some money. This should apply TO ALL DSI OVENS!!

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool self-cleaning gas range, oven not igniting. [ 0 Answers ]

First off let me express thanks to anyone reading this and willing to offer their time and expertise to help. I have a Whirlpool gas range model SF379LEK. For some time now it has been temperamental when trying to light the oven. The electronic controls seem fine, it just will not ignite after...

Over The Range Microwave Oven : [ 1 Answers ]

How do we install an over the range microwavw oven successfully without calling a repairman?l

Oven Range Wires [ 1 Answers ]

I just removed my range from above my stove so that I could put in a microwave to better utilize my countertop space. I have two wires now hanging from my wall that were previously attached to other wires from the range. One is white and one is black. Can I shove these back into the hole they...

Over the Range Microwave Oven [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a new Over the Range Microwave Oven in my kitchen. I have already installed a dedicated outlet box with a 15 amp outlet (14/2 wire) to plug the oven into (nothing but the microwave will be plugged in to the outlet). The installation Instructions for the oven say the oven should be...

View more questions Search