Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmatson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 01:38 PM
    No pressure on cold side shower.
    The cold side of my shower faucet has developed VERY low water pressure, but not the hot side. The sink faucet in that same bathroom is fine on both sides. All other faucets in the house are fine on both sides. I have a water tank and I have duel knobs. I believe my shower head is Ondine and I have no clue about the faucet, it is a factory installed shower and I put the shower head on. Any thoughts for this situation?

Thanks,

cmatson

Aug 24, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmatson
    The cold side of my shower faucet has developed VERY low water pressure, but not the hot side. The sink faucet in that same bathroom is fine on both sides. All other faucets in the house are fine on both sides. I have a water tank and I have duel knobs. I believe my shower head is Ondine and I have no clue about the faucet, it is a factory installed shower and I put the shower head on. Any thoughts for this situation?

Thanks,

cmatson

I forgot to mention this is a Mobile Home. I don't know if this effects anything!?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 24, 2007, 03:57 PM
    It is likely your mixing valve has some debris or build up. Shot off your water and remove the cartridge. Also have someone turn the water on and immediately off while you hold a towel over the shower head opening. Inspect and test the cartridge.

Aug 24, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    It is likely your mixing valve has some debris or build up. Shot off your water and remove the cartridge. Also have someone turn the water on and immediately off while you hold a towel over the shower head opening. Inspect and test the cartridge.
    I have pretty much done this. There is no cartridge to remove or test. There is a screen which is clear of any debris.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 25, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Sounds like you have a two handle shower valve,(see image). This may not be exactly like yours but close enough. Where is this screen that you speak of? Shut the water off to the valve and remove the cold water handle and chrome cover plate Now unscrew the bonnet packing nut and back the stem and washer assembly out counterclockwise. Hold a towel in front of the valve while someone turns on the water to flush out the supply and valve body. You should have a strong stream of cold water now. If not click on back. Reassemble and test. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water pressure in my shower greatly reduced. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi Tom, Glad to hear your getting back to your old self. We've been rooting for you! I have repeadley dismantled and flushed my delta single knob. Tom's sugestion from a few year ago. It worked very well until recently. When the faucet is apart and I plug one of the 2 flow holes, -...

Low cold water pressure on shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Mixet shower faucet (MDXTR-5). In the last several months, the cold side of the faucet has been having a very low water pressure. The hot side has a good pressure. The house is 11 years old, and I've lived there just for a year, so I don't know for sure how old the faucet is. I found...

Low water pressure on cold side of shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

What should I do (look for) to find out why the cold side of my shower faucet has developed VERY low water pressure, but not the hot side. The sink faucet in that same bathroom is fine on both sides. All other faucets in the house are fine on both sides. I don't have a hot water tank...

Cold water pressure in shower and washer only [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, As the subject says, I have a huge loss of cold water pressure in my upstairs shower and my downstairs washing machine only. The upstairs and downstairs sinks are all fine (including the sink directly next to the shower in the upstairs bathroom). Taking the shower head off doesn't make a...

Loud Knocking Noise when cold water side of shower is on [ 5 Answers ]

Howdy folks. When I turn my shower on, I have to turn the water all the way to hot, switch the shower lever, and then adjust to warm... otherwise I get a huge loud knocking sound from the basement. I went down to see if I could see pipes rattling or anything, but nothing. I turned on the faucet...

View more questions Search