Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovelylady Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Filing for divorce
    I have been married for 14yrs.I am filing for divorce on the of incompatibily and irreconcileable differences.We livd together for two yrsbfore we got married.We have assets totalling a quarter of a million dollars bze.One the houses is mortaged to abank.The other two are not.My husband told me since I am filing for the divorce,I am not entitled to anything.I do not have acent to my name.He says he willno give me the money to file for the divorce.What can I do.I am frustrated and need to get out of this marriage fast.Pleas tell me what to do.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 03:38 AM
    The first thing that I would do is hire an attorney. He or she would be able to advise you as to what you need to do. No one here can go to court on your behalf.
    blanket Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Sep 20, 2007, 09:55 PM
    I filed for divorce three years ago, he says whatever he wants but the judge is the one who decides who gets what. I advise you to file your divorce, place an ad in the paper andif he doesn't respond to it in maybe 30 or so days, I think you divorce is granted..? This is what I was told by many when my xhubby wanted to bcrap about it. GOOD LUCK!! Keep me posted?
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Sep 21, 2007, 07:18 AM
    You will need and attorney, the sooner the better. Where do you live? Every place is different when it comes to property in the marriage. Are there any children? If you can give us more details we might be able to answer your questions better.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 21, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Why in sam hill would you not find the advice to hire an attorney not helpful? Do you think divorce is so cut and drived that you don't need someone on your side that knows the law? Do you think that you can relate a few facts on a site like this and get answers that can help you sail through the divorce? You didn't even tell us where you are located ofr pete's sake!

We can advise on some specific points, but you have a husband who appears like he's going to fight you taking anything from the marriage. You absoultely NEED your own attorney to help you through the process or he WILL cut you off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SHould you be legally separated before filing for/or while filing for divorce? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the advantage of being legally separated while filing for divorce? Common sense tells me that a separation PRIOR to a divorce is to afford a couple some time to possibly reconcile before filing for divorce. But, if you went straight for a divorce, would you need to file for a separation?...

Filing for Divorce on our own [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I don't have enough money for a divorce attorney or mediator. We have a 4 year old son, and have not lived together in over 1 1/2 years. I refinanced the house, cashed him out, he signed off the deed and we have nothing left to split. We already split our assets. We have a great...

Filing for divorce myself [ 1 Answers ]

Im planning to file a divorce myself, I'm tight on money to hire my own lawyer. My questions are; 1. How can I file for divorce if I don't know where he lives? The only address I know is his parents house. 2. Can I use his parents address, although he had mention before that he had no contact...

Divorce filing [ 4 Answers ]

My Husband And I Have Agreed To A Divorce. We Do Not Want To Nor Have The Money To Spend. How Do We File This Own Our Own. We Have No Children.

Divorce filing [ 1 Answers ]

I am married for 5 years, I got married in my country under the normal rituals but now settled in different country. If I want to file for Separation \ divorce where should I file (in my country or in the country I am settled) ?

View more questions Search