Ask
    gwreed49113 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Attaching bank accounts
    Can an agency attach account that is joint but only one owes the debt
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Yes, but only to the funds that are the debtor. The other party, ( injured party) will have to show which money is thiers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnishing Bank Accounts [ 8 Answers ]

I had a few questions about garnishing bank accounts. My friend is a lawyer but only started her practice this year, so I would like another opinion since I'm reading several different things on here. Can a TN judgement garnish your bank account in another state? My friend stated that they...

Estate bank accounts [ 12 Answers ]

I ‘m trying to help a love one. They need to open estate bank accounts for a late brother’s estate. They are the volunteer administrator of estate. The only thing in the brother’s estate was about $2200.00. They have withdrawn the money from his account. I was told that they need to open an estate...

Bank accounts and a judgement [ 2 Answers ]

I have a judgement and am having wages garnished... can I have a bank account or will it be frozen?

Levy on bank accounts [ 1 Answers ]

I had a credit card company place a levy on my checking and savings accounts. They also tried to garnish my wages. I am making regular monthly payments to them through a local law enforcement office. I requested to them since I am making payments they lift the levy. They refused. The savings...

Freezing Bank Accounts [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, When freezing a bank acount is it legal to freeze joint bank accounts in NY State?

View more questions Search