Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handles1000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2010, 12:35 PM
    Am I subject to gift tax for sending money to family relatives that live overseas
    How much money can my wife, who is a permanent resident alien, and I, a U.S. citizen, send to my wife's sister who is a Chinese citizen without being subjected to the gift tax?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 04:45 AM

$13,000 in a year. Both of you can separately send $13,000 to the same person. Your U.S. Tax Return: The U.S. Gift Tax

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overseas Money Transfer/Gift [ 50 Answers ]

I am employed in the US but not a US citizen. My mother, who is not a US citizen either and lives overseas, would like to gift me money by sending it as a wire transfer from her account overseas to mine in the US. Assuming the amount is between US $50K - $100K, what would be my IRS Tax...

Tax on overseas financial gift? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm a Green Card Resident from the UK, married to a US Citizen since May of last year. My father who is also English and living in England, wants to send some money over that we can use as a deposit on buying a house. Where do we stand tax wise? And would he be liable for tax if the...

Overseas Cash Gift for Escrow? Tax implications? [ 3 Answers ]

If I (US citizen) am receiving a cash gift from a non US resident/citizen, the transfer is made in foreign bank account to my foreign bank account. Then I use that amount as downpayment on a house, sent directly from my foreign bank account to the escrow company. Is there any tax complications? ...

View more questions Search