Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmym Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Trouble with carrier AC unit
    could anyone tell me why I my blower fan on my carrier (model#485x-036100331)
    will not run. It seems that every thing else works fine because the compressor & condenser
    runs and the coil will frost up. The only thing I found to check was a 5amp fuse. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS,
    Jimmym
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Apr 15, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Most likely you have a bad fan relay or blower motor. Does the motor hum or try to start?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 15, 2007, 02:09 PM
    If your indoor blower motor is not working it could be the motor it self or a relay that controls the blower for the AC circuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Remote Controls for 52SE series unit [ 1 Answers ]

Are there other manufacters of remote controls to HVAC Carrier 52SE series units? The nursing home where my mother stays uses window HVAC units, but the remote control does not allow shut-off. The unit runs all the time in low or high fan mode. Is there a remote control unit that has...

85 Carrier 80% unit runs intermittently [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier 58SSB080 with a label that says it was made in 1985. Last year, the bathroom above the furnace flooded and dripped all over the furnace, shorting out the circuit board in the blower compartment and apparently also the gas valve. I replaced the board and valve and thought...

Changing Air Filter on Carrier 58STA090 Unit [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the air filter on a Carrier 58STA090 Gas Furnace? How often should it be changed? Can I do this myself?

View more questions Search