Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kateski Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Prices of Telescopes?
    Greetings Earthlings

I live paycheck to paycheck, sometimes. Is there a quality in-expensive telescope for looking into the beauty of the night sky?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 3, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Ye, there are lots of good choices. But my first piece of advice is stay away from cheap departmet store telescopes - especially any scope that boasts about its magnification power. I suggest you take a look at both the "Sky and Telescope" and "Astronomy" web sites elow - they have lost of good advice on buying your first scpoe. Best bang for the buck would be a Newtonian reflector, or a variation of it known as a Dobsonian. Actually, often the best first telescope is a not a scope at all, but a good pair of binoculars.

See:

SkyandTelescope.com - Choosing Your Equipment - Choosing Your First Telescope
    Astronomy.com - Equipment
    Sitkadiver Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Apr 8, 2008, 12:46 AM
    Read your post and thought I'd check out e-bay. There are more than 900 telescopes listed. On the first page, there's a Meade 114A Digital(DS-114AT) for a hundred bucks.

They go for even less if you get one without the motor.

Happy Viewing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas prices [ 20 Answers ]

Hey everyone who happens to see tell everyone you not to buy gas may 15 te gas prices are $3 and almost evey where so do your part and for all thoes who remember in like 1997 or so no one got gas on the 15th and the price of gas went down alsmot $.30 so do your part and don't by gas thank you

Bond Prices [ 1 Answers ]

If the interest rate in market declines from 11% to 8%, What is the bond price at 11% and at 8%? What would be the percentage of return if you sell it at 8%, but you had bough tit at 11%?

Prices do not include T/L/F. [ 2 Answers ]

Prices do not include T/L/F. anyone knows what it means when you buying a car

Different prices for 14-2 NM [ 3 Answers ]

So I can get 14-2 NM w ground at the big store off the spool for something like $0.43/lin ft w/out tax. I can buy 250 ft of 14-2 NM-B w ground prepakaged on the shelf behind me for something like just under $60, tax not included... compared to $107.5 at the spool price. Don't know the grade of...

View more questions Search